steering stops

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question steering stops

hi everybody,hope everyone had a great weekend.does anyone know where i can purchase steering stops for my 97 f-150 flareside? i started out with stock 16" wheels on my truck and loved the look of the 18" svt lightning wheels.after searching around on the internet for about a month,i found a great deal on a set and purchased them.of course the rubber was shot so i put on a really nice set of nitto 285/50/18 and man what a differance! the only problem i have is my turning radius has been lessened considerately because of rubbing on the lower control arm and the inside of my wheels.during my research finding the wheels about half the sites said this is a common problem when switching stock wheels to svt lightning wheels and that in most cases the steering stops would have to be changed but did not offer nor sell them.the only place i could find these steering stops was on the ford racing site and they are listed under part# M-1010-L for $35.00 a set and are specifically made for my above mentioned application.the problem i have now,is the as of VERY recently,they are no longer available! can any of you give me any suggestions,advice or point me in the right direction as to what to do about this problem or possibly purchase a set before i tear up my wheels any further? any help,answers,time and solutions would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advanced and god bless,DANNY.

Last edited by dannyrok; 08-03-2009 at 11:12 PM.

Quick Reply: steering stops