tire "tracking"

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tire "tracking"

I recently put on 33x12.5x18 toyo open country mts. Is it normal for the truck to wander on the road? It seems whenever there road is slanted the truck starts going that way and i have to correct the opposit way. Just wondering if its normal.
thanks

Old 08-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by jlamr
I recently put on 33x12.5x18 toyo open country mts. Is it normal for the truck to wander on the road? It seems whenever there road is slanted the truck starts going that way and i have to correct the opposit way. Just wondering if its normal.
thanks
Even though Toyo MT's are one of the best mud tires to run on the highway they can wander. What amount of air do you run and do they run OK on a more level roadway?

Old 08-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PawPaw
Even though Toyo MT's are one of the best mud tires to run on the highway they can wander. What amount of air do you run and do they run OK on a more level roadway?
44lbs a tire. to much not enough? hard to find a level road around here haha. it rains a lot and our roads are banked to the right to allow for the water to run off. im correcting left most of the time. never had wide tires before so just checkin. thanks

Old 08-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
I doubt if your road's are worse than what we have in South Louisiana! Also we get heavy rain during the summer not even counting the hurricanes. I love the way mud tires look and I've had them in the past but just because I drive a lot in the rain and on bad highways I now stick with AT tires to get better wet traction and less chances to hydroplane. I run 42 to 45psi to gain mpg's and avoid blowout's during the hot summer month's. Each tire is different so you have to do a little experimenting!

Quick Reply: tire "tracking"