opinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 02:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opinion

What do ya'll think about the BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A Tour?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Guess it depends on application, what is it going?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:36 AM
The Long Trails come factory on a lot of trucks I've seen and most owners are replacing them REAL fast.

Back in 99, my Mom's Durango came with them and they were terrible and wore out in about 15k miles on a brand new truck. Replaced with the BFG AT KO's and all was fine

My dad's current 09 Tundra had them on it from the factory as well and within 20k miles they were toast. He now went with the AT KO2's as well and I'm sure will be happy for a long time to come.

I've got lots more examples of them crapping out early on a lot of vehicles. Get the AT KO2's if you can. They will last 60k miles or better if properly rotated and have almost no road noise, but have a great look.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by TJ05FX4
The Long Trails come factory on a lot of trucks I've seen and most owners are replacing them REAL fast.

Back in 99, my Mom's Durango came with them and they were terrible and wore out in about 15k miles on a brand new truck. Replaced with the BFG AT KO's and all was fine

My dad's current 09 Tundra had them on it from the factory as well and within 20k miles they were toast. He now went with the AT KO2's as well and I'm sure will be happy for a long time to come.

I've got lots more examples of them crapping out early on a lot of vehicles. Get the AT KO2's if you can. They will last 60k miles or better if properly rotated and have almost no road noise, but have a great look.
The long trail tours are not quite the same tire you are referring to, they look to be street only, eventhough the long trails you are talking about might as well be street only LOL. They may be an ok tire for highway use. I do agree if you ever plan on leaving the highway at all you might as well get the AT KO2's.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks for all the advice ya'll. Im going down on Thursday to get my Cooper Zeon's. Ill post up some pics when its all done. Thanks again to all that helped me out.

Quick Reply: opinion