Brake / drivetrain shuddering / vibration

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake / drivetrain shuddering / vibration

I have been getting a vibration or stutter when I get on the brakes lightly on my 2002 scab. If I get on the brakes hard they are perfectly smooth. I am getting frustrated because it feels like it is coming from the back of the truck so I re-did all the rear brakes with new rotors, pads, and even ebrake shoes. I also had the front rotors turned and put new pads on maybe 6 months back so they should be fine but now Im questioning that since the rear isnt the problem. Also before the breaks heat up there is no vibration but once I have been driving a few miles and use them a few times it starts to shutter more. It does it at all speeds when I am light on the pedal but is really bad coming off the freeway and light on the brakes the whole truck will stutter. I guess I will look into redoing the front brakes with all new parts but if anybody has any other ideas please let me know!

Old 08-31-2009, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the same problem with my 01 Screw changed the front rotors and pads all around, solved the problem, watch for over tightening of the lugs when putting the wheels back on you can warp the rotors, which can also cause the problem. Hope it helps, good luck
Regards, Andy

Quick Reply: Brake / drivetrain shuddering / vibration