Need Help, Opinions...Bilsteins or Ranchos and Tire Size of BFG's!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help, Opinions...Bilsteins or Ranchos and Tire Size of BFG's!!

Hey Guys I am trying to decide what tires to get for my 08 to put on my Ballistic Wizard 20x9 wheels that will look the best along with what shock combo will work the best. I am trying to decide between the three sizes of the 20" BFG All Terrains which are 285/55/20, 305/55/20, and 285/65/20....I have always leaned towards the 285/55's just because I knew they would work with the stock settings with no problems but I am really wanting to get new shocks to help the ride and since they are just better than stock shocks. I can't decide between the Bilstein 5100's or the Rancho Leveling Combo with the 9000xl in the back and the quick lift in the front???...The Bilsteins are cheaper but if the Rancho's are a better ride and quality I will spend the extra for them and they both adjust for 2" leveling up front....So since I would be getting shocks I am thinking that I should get one of the bigger tires so that it would look better but I am just worried that when I put the stock 20's and pirelli's back on that it will look bad with the 2" leveling since they are smaller than the BFG's...

My plans are to run the wizards in the spring and summer and then put the stock wheels/tires back on in the winter and since I don't feel like spending over 2 grand on tires for both wheels I am trying to decide what to do and which is why I need some help and opinions. The 305's I have heard rub with a leveling kit? Plus I don't want my wheels/tires sticking out and I know the 305's are wider than the other two. I don't know what to do and am not sure if the 55's or 65's in the 285 will look better? I am so indecisive!

Old 08-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have a 4x4, I'd go with the Bilstiens and the 305/55-20's.

Quick Reply: Need Help, Opinions...Bilsteins or Ranchos and Tire Size of BFG's!!