New at this, need some HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New at this, need some HELP!

I have a 08' F150 FX4 supercrew with a 2.5" Daystar level kit on it now. I am running 35X12.50 ProComp Extreme A/T with plenty of clearance and no rubbing. I have recently decided to buy a 6" Fabtech suspension lift and am AAL in the rear. I am planning on putting 37X13.50 Toyos and 20X10 wheels on. This is where I start getting worried! I see posts where this combination works fine and posts where users say it will scrub bad?????? I am also going to invest in the Edge Evolution since it seems to be real popular among F150 owners. As far as power goes, I find differences as well. I have found users that strongly recommend gear change and some that have left their gears the same. I would like to change gears in the near future($ is a little tight at the time), but I am wondering if leaving them alone for a little while will tear anything up. I do very little off-roading in this truck so I hate to admit but its gonna be a street queen. I have had it for a year and a half and it only has 8,000 miles. Any and all help will be much appreciated. I am a first timer so I need all the help I can get. Thanks!

Old 09-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To fit a 37x13.50 with a 10 inch wide wheel, you will want to combine your Daystar leveling kit with the 6 inch lift. Or better yet, upgrade to the adjustable coilovers and crank them up.
As for regearing, I'd say it is a must with 37's. You will be ok for a little while, just don't tow/haul anything heavy.