Squeek Squeek

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeek Squeek

Alright not sure where to put this so I put it in the section where one theory to the problem may be. So i was driving home the other night and noticed that i had a squeek comin out of my rear end. Its a pretty noticeable squeek. Well it went away and now its back louder and more annoying than ever. I can figure out what in the world it would be. It only squeeks when I turn right or hit a bump in the road! It sounds like a power steering squeek, but it sounds like its coming from my drivers side rear wheel. I don't think it could be brakes because i just changed the pads and turned the roters last year. Could it possibly be a shock? I don't feel any difference in braking and turning. The all around driving has stayed the same.

Thanks guys for any input or help!

Old 09-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Former Sponsor
Bushings maybe? I doubt it's shocks, but could be the springs where they meet the perches. Given they do it on bumps and turns, they very well could be. Check for rocks in them and give a shot of WD-40 to both sides at top and bottom and see if they quiet down.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Damon@tirerack
Bushings maybe? I doubt it's shocks, but could be the springs where they meet the perches. Given they do it on bumps and turns, they very well could be. Check for rocks in them and give a shot of WD-40 to both sides at top and bottom and see if they quiet down.
Thats what dad thinks it is, rocks. I'm going to pull my rear drivers side tire off and see tomorrow. I was going to do it before i went to work tonight but was pressed for time.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:40 AM
Okay so I pulled my drivers side wheel a couple days ago. Didn't find any rocks. So i drove it some more then on the highway i had my windows up and could still hear the squeek, so i came to the conclusion it could be in the front wheel. So i jacked the front end off, and what do ya know the front tire wiggles back n forth a little. So i lower the jack, all the lugs were still really tight. So i'm guessing the front bearing is going out. So I ordered a new one yesterday, putting and putting it on tonight. I hope this solves the problem because it was $250 for a new one.

Quick Reply: Squeek Squeek