Thinking about new winter tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about new winter tires

With fall approaching, the thought of winter tires is on my mind. My summer tires are BF Goodrich G Force KDW's 285/55/20, I use my stock 17" alloys for the winter months. stock size was 255/70/17. Im looking for something that will have traction in New England weather, and perform well. preferably an all season tire. I would also like a tire with a wide width without rubbing. My truck is a 4x4 screw stock height. Any suggestions on tires and size would be appreciated. Thanks J.B.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Tires

JB

Just got the worst of the winter setup done today. I found a pair of steel 7 lug rims today, so I have two of my winter tires setup for a 07 SC LB RWD. I"m putting some Cooper M&S 245/70R17's on there so it's the same size as what came on it in the first place. If I can find 2 more rims, I have another pair of M&S for up front.

Paul

Old 09-13-2009, 09:39 PM
thanks for the reply. Have you run those tires before? With 7 lug, you have the extra payload package. Im not sure what your gvw would be, but if you are one who carries heavy loads , please make sure the tires are up to the task. I dont need the extra load capacity, and I dont tow but a couple times a year, and its pretty much just to the other side of the lake . to put her in and take her out. I wont even count the jet ski. because you dont feel it and cant see it. ( need some flags or whips on the trailer to know where it is.) plus I put that in and out with my CJ 7, On my property. it 's only to the dealer and back with that and its about 5 miles away. Long story not so short , tire recomondations appreciated.

Quick Reply: Thinking about new winter tires