Most prefered wheel protection

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Most prefered wheel protection

I've searched a bit on here and on the Detailers Cafe.com and found some interesting products for wheel protection. Since I plan on running the wheels I have on my truck until I sell it someday, and I live in North PA, that means winter salt and weathering will be an issue. Looking to see what synthetic sealant would be best, and to discover what most of the members here use.

My original plan is to keep a coat or two of Zaino Z-CS sealant on the wheels. I have also read about some using Megs NXT on their wheels. Also heard a few use Poorboy's. What does everyone use and what does anyone suggest?

My wheels are brand new and I do keep very god care of them, I have Wagner TQs coming by the end of the week also, but i'm mainly looking for any advice to keep my XD's finish flawless throughout the seasons and its harshness. Thanks.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have to deal with any salt down here but I have always used silicone based waxes on my wheels. I don't have a favorite brand although some are better than others. Sealing them is a good idea and the Meguires NXT wax is good protection as well. I would apply additional coats throughout the winter. Salt is a corrosive so it will eventually eat through if it sits long enough. I would just try to wash or at least wipe them down as much as possible if you know your getting salt on them.

Quick Reply: Most prefered wheel protection