whats this!?!? and why is it leaking!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
They replace that part of the harness and the switch. The switch will no longer have a constant hot wire.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so could it still burst into flames, thats my main concern as much as id LOVE a newer truck i cant afford one so i cant have this one on fire!

Old 09-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by f150fella08
so could it still burst into flames, thats my main concern as much as id LOVE a newer truck i cant afford one so i cant have this one on fire!
No, if you unplug it, it will not catch on fire. If they do the recall fix, it will not catch on fire.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:06 AM
ok well i unplugged it, im gonna take it in tuesday when i get time im tired of adding brake fluid!

ive never had to take in a recall, never had anything new enough!!! my parents say i need the title...true?

Old 09-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
They replace that part of the harness and the switch. The switch will no longer have a constant hot wire.
actually i think it still has a constant hot, just has a fuse in it thats going to pop if it does short out

Old 09-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by LLeonha104
This is what happens to people that ownes a Ford, but never takes it to a Ford dealer, even for a simply state inspection, That recall would have bben done...
whenever you enter a vin number on any state inspection machine, it gives the option to print possible recalls and TSBs for that vin number. Its not a matter of the information not being available to non-dealership shops, just a matter of someone not caring to print them off

Old 09-28-2009, 08:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fix

so while i was out there i got to lookin, do they just splice the wire and put n new plug on and change that part in the mastercylinder? or do they replace the WHOLE harness with the MAF plug and air temp sensor

so, replacing it WONT guarantee it not bursting up in flames, really?
I had 2 vehicles done but I'm not home at this time. As I remember they put a pigtail between the existing wiring and the master cylinder reservor that's supposed to prevent any fires due to leakage.

Paul

Old 09-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by HCBPH
I had 2 vehicles done but I'm not home at this time. As I remember they put a pigtail between the existing wiring and the master cylinder reservor that's supposed to prevent any fires due to leakage.

Paul
Yep, thats all they do. Its like a 5 inch harness. Plugs in between the existing harness and the pressure switch.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
No, yiou do not need the title. All you need to do is take the truck in, they will run the VIN and see that the recall has not been done and then do the modification.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:57 AM
ok so i called the ford dealer, and he ran the vin, and said it doesnt show a recall on this part and it will be about 80 bucks to fix it, or i can get one from my ABC auto parts store for 15

Old 09-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Go here and enter your VIN, see if the recall applies. If it doen't then just replace the switch.

http://www.ford.com/owner-services/c...ll-information

Old 09-28-2009, 11:32 AM
ok so i called the ford dealer, and he ran the vin, and said it doesnt show a recall on this part and it will be about 80 bucks to fix it, or i can get one from my ABC auto parts store for 15
Haha typical dealership.

Whose the genius that designed a wiring system with a 12v constant wire with out a damn fuse on it?

Old 09-28-2009, 05:26 PM
My Stuff

i take care of my stuff buddy, i will not take my truck to ford to get charged out the wazoo, i do my own work. idk if you read anything or not but "a few days ago" means not to long ago, i just found out about this problem. i work at a quick lube so i do my own inspections and oil changes. and i may not even wast 20 miles to go drive to get it fixed, i may just get the part myself and do it,
So how is Ford going to do this recall for you, FREE ? And if it does catch fire, and you don't take it in to Ford, They won't pay ****.
A state inspection is only 49.75 in Texas, They can't charge you more than that.... Unless there is something wrong with your truck, then you have the option to fix it yourself...
So if you bought the Truck used, How does Ford now where to send the recall notice ??????????????????????

Old 09-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

So how is Ford going to do this recall for you, FREE ? And if it does catch fire, and you don't take it in to Ford, They won't pay ****.
A state inspection is only 49.75 in Texas, They can't charge you more than that.... Unless there is something wrong with your truck, then you have the option to fix it yourself...
So if you bought the Truck used, How does Ford now where to send the recall notice ??????????????????????
like said before shops get recall notices also.

2 it depends where you go how much your inspection costs based on county. its 15 bucks in college station because were a non smog county.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:36 PM
haha only 49.75 eh? then how come the past 3 years ive paid 14.50.

and idk how their going to do the recall, i called they said my truck didnt have the recall, i went to ABC got the part myself and changed it myself, problem solved, i paid the 15 bucks and took all of 5 minutes to replace the part.

there problem solved

Quick Reply: whats this!?!? and why is it leaking!!!!