Help.....Eccentric cam bolts for control arm?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help.....Eccentric cam bolts for control arm?

Ok...I just had a 2" as leveling kit installed by NTB tire shop. Along with 18" Rockstars and 33" Terra grapplers. Everything went great but during the final part, the alignment, they came to me and said that they could not get the camber right because there was not enough slot space to get it perfect. They said I had to have eccentric cam bolts? Or something like that, and they aren't cheap, around $90. I have read dozens of posts from members that did the AS leveling kit but no one else mentioned the need for eccentric cam bolts. They did show me the problem, they are not making it up, clearly there was no more slot left to adjust the camber. Did any of you have to get the eccentrics?

Thanks in advance

Old 10-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I seem to recall that a couple members had to have them. $90 sounds high though, unless that is the cost of the bolts and their installation. The adjustable camber bolts are about $40 at most parts stores.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:46 PM
As always Wandall...thank you. I ultimately took your advice, got the tires and wheels I wanted and they fit with only a tiny bit of rub at full lock. I will do some trimming. Thanks for your advice.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:21 PM
I had the same with mine. I think I paid $70.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks Jughed....well I bought them, they are installed and work great. I love my new set up however, I was charged $90 EACH. So $180 dollars total because I needed two. They did have to go pick them up an hour away but that still seems uber expensive compared to what I have heard others paid for them. At the end of the day, I am just glad to be done with the wheel thing and to like what I have. Thanks again for all those that assisted me.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:13 PM
You might have got the parts a lil cheaper, but another shop would have had more labor involved setting up the rack again. Hurts when you can get something cheaper but you probably wouldnt have gotten away cheaper after another alignment. I trust the shop that did mine, his parking lot looks like a Truck show. Just be glad all is good

Quick Reply: Help.....Eccentric cam bolts for control arm?