Good Mud/All Terrain Tires for 20" Rims?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boynton3100
Yea I saw Nittos chart but I was wanting to get peoples personal preference I love the mudders and i have a really short drive every day but i think they will wear too fast and be too rough on the road. Still got a few days to decide so...
i have read all over and heard many people who run them getting 30-35k..

I used to drive some mud terrain something or other.. when i started driving with my mudds they road super smooth, sounded like a plane, and look beefy. Not only do people notice you pull up, but you leave a good taste in their mouth after you ride off. I can't say how they do on ice or snow or any weather condition for that.

I have read for mud they do great and ice and snow they do fair to decent. Don't take my word on that. Give me 4 months and i will tell you how they do in all conditions.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

BFG KM 2s as mentioned
I run Toyo Mts and LOVE THEM...just make sure you rotate with each oil change.

My buddy has Goodyear duratracs and loves them....hard to tell how they will wear, he only has about 5K on them thus far.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:27 AM
I have the same problem, check these out......I havent read a single bad review on them

General Grabber A/T2

http://www.treadepot.com/group/grat.html

When the time comes, (like next week)....I am for sure ordering a set 35x12.50x20

Old 08-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm also looking at a 305/55/20 in the Nitto Trail Grappler or the Terra Grappler. I dont really plan on going offroading much but mostly street. What do you guys recommend for a daily driver. Also would the Trails hold up on the street compared to the Terras?

Old 08-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by nielboy
I love the looks of the mud terrain, but I need an all terrain that can handle Canadian winters. Anyone have any insights as to how the mud terrains handle snow and ice?
My 33x12.5s grip alright, but when braking they are just skis for the slush, ive had a few close calls this previous winter. I would suggest an all terrain for winter.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
My 33x12.5s grip alright, but when braking they are just skis for the slush, ive had a few close calls this previous winter. I would suggest an all terrain for winter.
Right on, thanks Darren.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:54 PM
I dont mean to hijack the thread but I understand the Mud Grapplers dont have the best road manners, how do the Trail Grappers fare in mud and pavement.
in the mud, they are great tires. when they clear the mud out and hook, its nothing short of amazing. on the road they are great tires, very little road noise and they keep their balance very well. I absolutely love the new trail grapplers.

Quick Reply: Good Mud/All Terrain Tires for 20" Rims?