Slotted and Dimpled Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Any updates from you guys with the Brake-Performance disks on the fit and finish of the dimpled & slot rotors? I was set on Powerslotts but I think I will get these in black for the cool dimpled look to compliment my XDs. As long as the black wears off from the pad. I do not want all black rotors..

Originally Posted by Pockets
Is that hard to do???
Not at all, just a little time consuming. Here is my caliper painting write up from 2009. They still look great.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...nting-how.html

Old 08-20-2010, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the EBC dimpled and slotted rotors with their green pads and love them. They look cool, work better and last a LONG time. cant go wrong IMO

Old 08-23-2010, 05:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bummer on no responses for the Brake Performance disks, but I just bought a front set to hold me over until my bigger paycheck next week when ill get the rears, semi-metallic pads, lines, and system bled.

$230 for the front rotors, slotted & dimpled, shipped free. Also he gave me a discount of $20.00 off msrp on their semi-metallic pads which will hold me over until I to my complete overhaul. They offer basic crap pads for free, but I would rather the semi's. If they are any good a pad I just might keep them on.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Directional Rotors

Hey Pockets,
Were there any directions as to which rotor was which? This is left and that is right. I think you have them switched. Although, I seriously doubt that it makes a difference on a street vehicle. Does it feel like it stops better or have you been able to quantitativley verify a performance improvement? By the way they do look nice.

David

Old 09-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Any updates from you guys with the Brake-Performance disks on the fit and finish of the dimpled & slot rotors? I was set on Powerslotts but I think I will get these in black for the cool dimpled look to compliment my XDs. As long as the black wears off from the pad. I do not want all black rotors..

They still look great to me Darren ........ sorry I didnt see that anybody responded to the thread I wish we could get notifications on threads that get a response

Not at all, just a little time consuming. Here is my caliper painting write up from 2009. They still look great.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...nting-how.html
Thanks for the writeup

Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Bummer on no responses for the Brake Performance disks, but I just bought a front set to hold me over until my bigger paycheck next week when ill get the rears, semi-metallic pads, lines, and system bled.

$230 for the front rotors, slotted & dimpled, shipped free. Also he gave me a discount of $20.00 off msrp on their semi-metallic pads which will hold me over until I to my complete overhaul. They offer basic crap pads for free, but I would rather the semi's. If they are any good a pad I just might keep them on.
You will deffinatly like the rotors and i'm going to be buying the rears when my back pads wear out!

Originally Posted by Chassismaster
Hey Pockets,
Were there any directions as to which rotor was which? This is left and that is right. I think you have them switched. Although, I seriously doubt that it makes a difference on a street vehicle. Does it feel like it stops better or have you been able to quantitativley verify a performance improvement? By the way they do look nice.

David
Yea there was a little diagram i believe they are right at least what the diagram said lol ......... omg they stop so much better than stock and my truck stops better than some others cars that I have drivin!! as far as distance no havent been able to exactly measure but it is less

Quick Reply: Slotted and Dimpled Rotors