Got to try the nitto terra grapplers in snow today

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got to try the nitto terra grapplers in snow today

Well the new nittos had a snow try out today and they are the best tires I ever driven with in the winter weather, 4x4 wasn't needed at all and on the way home from work two deer ran out in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes and the roads were horrible. Truck stopped on a dime. I was impressed. Along with a great, quiet ride and great handling I'd reccommend these to anyone

Old 12-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the nittos working well, had them for two winters here myself and I really love them too

Old 12-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great choice... I'm glad they worked well when needed...

Old 12-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Nice.
For ATs they do really well in the snow. I run a set in the winter and they do great.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:26 AM
good to hear. It just started snowing this week here and I can't wait to try them out in some thick stuff.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Good to know. Those are the tires I had planned on getting when I do wheels/tires.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Darknightmare
Good to know. Those are the tires I had planned on getting when I do wheels/tires.
Thats why I figured I'd post results. Cause I know lots of people want to know how these do in winter weather. You'll like them alot. Just make sure not to get p rated as the d/e ranges are much nicer from my experience with these tires.

Trending Topics

Old 12-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Well I may have an even more accurate snow review tonight, woke up and theres 6" or more on the ground and its still going! I love driving in snow

Old 12-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Maxout05
Well I may have an even more accurate snow review tonight, woke up and theres 6" or more on the ground and its still going! I love driving in snow
I am debating on getting the toyo mt 285/75/18 that you had before and how tdo they compare to the nitto's. I like the toyo mt but I have seen the nittos in person and they look good to. I am just wanting a nice aggressive looking tire that performs good in the snow too.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Maxout05
u lucky a$$...we just got a dusting over here. I have been praying for a ton of snow everyday lol.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by truckncrew04
I am debating on getting the toyo mt 285/75/18 that you had before and how tdo they compare to the nitto's. I like the toyo mt but I have seen the nittos in person and they look good to. I am just wanting a nice aggressive looking tire that performs good in the snow too.
The toyos were awsome tires. And they were better in winter driving by far then the nittos. The nittos are very good but the toyos were much better. The toyos were easily the best tires I ever had.
EXCEPT one major down fall with them... they are extremely heavy tires compared to other makes. Because of that my truck got alot less mpg with them, i had clunking issues when going in and out of 4x4 while driving, when the tranny shifted into overdrive it had a hard time chugging along and made a clanky type sound. Two years with these issues. I have had wo different sets of tires since and that all went away. I could easily tell they were to much for the truck.. Maybe it was just a size thing, but I believe it was the weight. They were 75lbs a piece, which is 25lbs more then the nittos and procomps mud terrains I have. Other then that I loved them.

Originally Posted by ryancasper2004
u lucky a$$...we just got a dusting over here. I have been praying for a ton of snow everyday lol.
Lucky and not lucky. Ive been doing snow removal since 8am and just got home at 8:30pm and I have to go out and clean up around home. I am a sled addict and I'm too damn tired to even take it out for a rip!
Plus I got a 2009 chevy 1500 ltz z71 plow truck at work and I was in it all day and don't like it too well. The only thing nice about it is I can monitor the trans, rear end etc while plowing. The chevy is nice, but compared to the f-150 I really don't get how anyone would by it for personal use..
I may get out on the sled tomorrow, we'll see if it sticks. Its raining now...

Quick Reply: Got to try the nitto terra grapplers in snow today