what tire sizes are acceptable?? 05 S-Crew Lariat 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what tire sizes are acceptable?? 05 S-Crew Lariat 4wd

bout time to replace the stockers and I want something slightly more aggressive but also don't wanna break the bank... I plan on keepin the stock rims if there's a way to... don't really care if its stock size or not... what sizes can I run in there without doing lifts and having clearance issues??

the goal here is to get something with a bit more off-road traction and slightly better snow performance... the rugged trail's have been a fine tire for a stocker imho, but I want a touch more though don't want a full on off-road tire as I still trip in this truck on the highway (common trips in the 500+ mile range)... I pull a light trailer (snowmobile/fishin boat) occasionally, take it hunting and off road at our farm in AL...

any help would be great as I'd like to get them installed before the holidays if I can...

Old 12-14-2009, 04:51 PM
I just put on 265/70r17 firestone destination ATs for the winter. They are a little larger than stock, but I'm sure you could go even bigger if you want to. My truck is only a 2wd, and with these tires it handles great in the snow.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by bonz50
bout time to replace the stockers and I want something slightly more aggressive but also don't wanna break the bank... I plan on keepin the stock rims if there's a way to... don't really care if its stock size or not... what sizes can I run in there without doing lifts and having clearance issues??

the goal here is to get something with a bit more off-road traction and slightly better snow performance... the rugged trail's have been a fine tire for a stocker imho, but I want a touch more though don't want a full on off-road tire as I still trip in this truck on the highway (common trips in the 500+ mile range)... I pull a light trailer (snowmobile/fishin boat) occasionally, take it hunting and off road at our farm in AL...

any help would be great as I'd like to get them installed before the holidays if I can...
285x65x18 BFG or Nitto AT's. One size up from the stock size Lariat tires. They will fit on the stock wheel's with no rubbing at stock height. Welcome to the site!

Old 12-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by PawPaw
285x65x18 BFG or Nitto AT's. One size up from the stock size Lariat tires. They will fit on the stock wheel's with no rubbing at stock height. Welcome to the site!
thanks pawpaw

Old 12-15-2009, 08:16 PM
awesome tires. Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armours. WAY better then BFG's, clean WAY better and bite more. Plus they are winter rated while the BFG's aren't. And there cheaper.

Quick Reply: what tire sizes are acceptable?? 05 S-Crew Lariat 4wd