Need opinions on how to Customize Ballistic Jester (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wandell
I'm not sure how the insets will look painted white. Maybe a different finish black for a subtle difference. Or a silver or chrome would look great.
I was thinking something along those same lines. The white *may* come out looking "tacky". I agree that chrome would most likely come out great. Can't wait to see pictures either way.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:23 AM
I would go with chrome inserts cause you have the chrome bumpers then tie in the black on the truck with the wheels by painting your headlights and badges by painting them black and do white or chrome inlays.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Indo
I was thinking something along those same lines. The white *may* come out looking "tacky". I agree that chrome would most likely come out great. Can't wait to see pictures either way.
Yeah, I kinda thought that too, well my fiance just "informed" me that shes either paying for the rims or for the tires for xmas....which both are about a grand...

So i think i'm gonna order the rims as soon as i can out of my pocket, then have her get the Coops when christmas rolls around...

Discount tire should be able to still hook me up with free mount/balance n all that if I bought all 4 wheels n tires there, even if it wasnt at the same time? idk, I'll have to ask 'em. This way I could get started on the wheel project!

How would you guys recommend that i "chrome" them?! Is there any kind of high-heat, or very durable chrome paint I could use? I believe those inserts are metal...

Old 12-16-2009, 09:28 AM
How about this stuff? VHT does not make a "bad" product, but how do you think itll stand the heat of being on the wheels?

http://www.vhtpaint.com/platefinish.html

It says you can use it on outdoor lighting? So atleast is sounds like its more durable than just chrome craft paint?

Old 12-16-2009, 09:39 AM
all black. looks better and won't look like crap when they get dirty.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by svt4lyfe
How about this stuff? VHT does not make a "bad" product, but how do you think itll stand the heat of being on the wheels?

http://www.vhtpaint.com/platefinish.html

It says you can use it on outdoor lighting? So atleast is sounds like its more durable than just chrome craft paint?
Im not sure how that stuff turns out, but you can always buy a can and test it on some metal and see how it even looks first off then after give it a little personal svt4lyfe testing session and see how it hold up against the elements. Then decide from there if that is an option. Otherwise do some google searches and see what automotive chrome services you can come up with and get some quotes for them, shipping the rings back and forth would not be a problem I imagine.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree.

Quick Reply: Need opinions on how to Customize Ballistic Jester (pics)