Goodyear MTR W/ Kevlar

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No i did not have the mt/r with kevlar...i just had the basic mt/r... with my experience with the standard mt/r and goodyears in the past i have not been happy with them. I think Toyo MT's and BFG KM2 are much better tires.

...i had toyo MT's on my last F150 and currently have BFG KM2's on my 04 F150... the toyos were quiet compared to my KM2s but the KM2s handle alot better.. I think you would be better off with a Toyo or BFG...My pick would be BFG KM2s...unless you are looking for a really quiet mud tire..then i would go Toyo MT. The standard Mt/r was louder than the KM2s are..
Hope this will help you with your decsion.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I agree with you on the Toyo's. By far a proven product and the sales speak for themselves. I just happen to be one of those guys that gets tired of seeing something all over the place. Everybody and their brother has the Toyo's...I want something different this time around. From what all I've been able to find out about this tire, comparing to your old MT/R's is comparing apples to oranges. No comparison. Ironically, it's only the second E rated tire in my size I have ever found (the other was the Toyo), which is what I want. And I'm also a fan of white letters. The GY is also $35 a tire cheaper. The hits just keep adding up here lately and there's no getting away from the fact that this is a darn good looking tire (and let's face it...that's what really matters!!) Tires are also like so many other things auto related...just because one person doesn't like them doesn't mean they're not the next guys' favorite thing ever. Thanks for the feedback though.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Since the MT/R Kevlar is somewhat new, and priced in the higher end of tires (compared to Kumho, Hankook, Cooper and other bargain brands) you probably won't find a lot of objective information.

I agree with you in many respects about wanting your vehicle to be YOUR vehicle, and not just another cookie cutter truck from F150online. If you like the design of the tire, appreciate the features it offers and are willing to pay the asking price, then go for it! I haven't had issues with Goodyear as a company, and I can't imagine the most up to date off road tire they make being a disappointment.

I personally like the looks of the new MT/R, but I went with an all terrain tire this time around and probably won't be looking for another set of muds for a while. I have 2 sets of rims though, so if i stumble upon money anytime soon I might buy a set of these and be the guinea pig.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Last year on an antelope hunting trip I cut the sidewalls on 2 tires. I have been on the search for a more durable tire, these look like they certainly would fit the bill.

btw, the tires that cut, 1 was a goodyear AT (I think) and the other was a toyo open country AT. From the looks of the sharp rocks around, not much would have probably sruvived. It was a lesson in what happens when you are not paying attention.....

Old 01-14-2010, 05:14 PM
I recently put The new MT/Rs on my cousin's JK wrangler. Overall they are a good tire, but in the mud and in the snow i will say your money is better spent on a Toyo, BFG MT, or a Cooper M/t. Goodyear makes a hell of a good a/t, but their mudders just arent anything special.

They do look neat as all hell though.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Well I LOVE the look of these MT/Rs with Kevlar. I actually wanted to buy them for my truck as soon as I saw them. I am the type, as well, that likes to have something different than everybody else. I was stoked. Never seem them in person, and really not much on the net about them either. Then I was extremely let down when I found out that they didn't offer a 35x12.50x18. I went with the Nitto Trail Grappler, which I love so far. My Terra Grapplers were great, and these seem to be just as good all around. On my 2000 F150 Ext Cab 4x4,I had 2 sets of regular MT/Rs and loved them. Put over 50,000 on both sets. I have friends that have run them and seen over 60,000. I have always thought that GoodYear was a good middle of the line tire. And I personally never had a bad experience with them. Rotate AND balance every 5k and you will be surprised how tires will hold up. I like these Kevlar MTRs and I like your style...

Old 01-20-2010, 10:53 PM
mtr

Im running 305 70 17 mtr kevlar on a 2004 f150 s/c , ran old style too , new are much quieter, look great , ride is better at higher speeds, only dislike high price, grip better in wet .

Old 02-09-2010, 12:26 AM
I have a set of 285/75/18 on a 2009 F250 crew cab.
These tires are very impressive. They are great on wet roads. They are very quiet for such an aggressive tread. The price is really the only negative... Discount Tire had them priced at $330 in September of 2009.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:13 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It seems weird to me you guys complaining about the price of these tires! Although I only considered one other tire when I bought this one (the Toyo MT), this tire was substantially cheaper...to the tune of $500 cheaper OTD.

I paid $1,203 OTD from Discount tire.

Quick Reply: Goodyear MTR W/ Kevlar