gorilla lock lug nuts

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gorilla lock lug nuts

when i bought my truck, it didnt come with the key for the lug nuts on my wheels. i need to rotate my tires but i cant get the gorilla lock lug nut off of each wheel but i was able to hammer a socket on two of the nuts and get them off but not the other two because they require a special socket like a key. none of the local tire shops have what i need. where can i get the special socket?

Old 01-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got mine at Discount Tire. Looks like this:

Check eBay if the local places don't carry them.

- NCSU

Old 01-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tj crowe
when i bought my truck, it didnt come with the key for the lug nuts on my wheels. i need to rotate my tires but i cant get the gorilla lock lug nut off of each wheel but i was able to hammer a socket on two of the nuts and get them off but not the other two because they require a special socket like a key. none of the local tire shops have what i need. where can i get the special socket?
You can get a new key straight from "GORILLA": http://www.gorilla-auto.com/replacement.keys

Old 01-07-2010, 01:37 AM

i doubt you have the box/registration card, but theres a number on it and you can call Gorilla and get a new one. check your glove box, might be in there

Old 01-07-2010, 10:44 AM
see i was thinking of getting a set of gorilla locks but if someone is smart enough they could just order a key and swipe your wheels...what I like about MC gard is that each set is a different pattern.....whether they repeat patterns or not it seems better than the Gorilla's....are there any other options people are using?

Old 01-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by IDNC76
i doubt you have the box/registration card, but theres a number on it and you can call Gorilla and get a new one. check your glove box, might be in there
X2, My fiance just bought a '10 Scion TC, and the upgraded 18's/Pirelli's came with Gorilla Lugs, It came with a sticker that had a personal Number just for those lugs, you need that number to order a replacement key. I would call Gorilla..

Originally Posted by IH8ATTN
see i was thinking of getting a set of gorilla locks but if someone is smart enough they could just order a key and swipe your wheels...what I like about MC gard is that each set is a different pattern.....whether they repeat patterns or not it seems better than the Gorilla's....are there any other options people are using?
Gorilla Lugs are not all the same key...thats why they require the number on the sticker...

Old 01-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Weld a nut or have someone weld a nut on the top of the lock then take them off and throw them away..

Quick Reply: gorilla lock lug nuts