Eagle Alloy Series 079 Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eagle Alloy Series 079 Pics

anybody got a set of eagle alloy series 079 chrome and black or just chrome, if so can u post pics, im lookin in a set instead of the moto metals and im not sure which i want the chrome and black or just chrome, can yall post pics, thanks

and what do yall think about eagle alloy wheels, r they good wheels

here is a pic of the chrome and black im looking at

Old 02-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Here you go.....

Mine are the chrome version...I orginally wanted the machined/black version but i waited on them for months while they were on backorder so i gave up and spent a little more on the chrome ones. Im glad i got the chrome.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Harper 184
Here you go.....

Mine are the chrome version...I orginally wanted the machined/black version but i waited on them for months while they were on backorder so i gave up and spent a little more on the chrome ones. Im glad i got the chrome.
wow they look good on ur truck, how long have u had them, do u have any problems with chrome chipping or spots or rusting, how do u like eagle alloy rims?

Old 02-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I have a set of eagles, not this series. They are the super finish aluminum. I like them a lot. I spend quite a bit of time keeping them polished, that's the only down side.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:41 PM
I have had them for almost a year and love them. I have had no problems out of them so far and they are really easy to clean.
I have Eagle Alloys on my jeep(can see in my photo album), had them for about 4 years and i have put them through the test...they have seen alot of offroad and no problems out of them. So i think Eagle Alloys are really good quality. I would buy them again.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Watson91
I have a set of eagles, not this series. They are the super finish aluminum. I like them a lot. I spend quite a bit of time keeping them polished, that's the only down side.
how often do u keep urs polished?

Originally Posted by Harper 184
I have had them for almost a year and love them. I have had no problems out of them so far and they are really easy to clean.
I have Eagle Alloys on my jeep(can see in my photo album), had them for about 4 years and i have put them through the test...they have seen alot of offroad and no problems out of them. So i think Eagle Alloys are really good quality. I would buy them again.
cool thank, i know the moto metal r expensive, and i saw these and they looked idenical and was cheaper, but im tryin to decide what would look better on my truck, the all chrome or the black and chrome

Old 02-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Other than right now (take the tires/wheels off for winter) i usually keep her washed once a week. I polish either every time or every other time just depends on what kind of driving i did. For the times I don't, I have some aluminum wheel spray that I clean them up with.

Trending Topics

Old 02-08-2010, 12:14 AM
The reason why i got the Eagle Alloy is because I like the full fake bead lock on them( its only partial on moto metals) and the center caps are twice the size of the moto metals. I have always been like why did they put such a small cap on such a big rim?

On your truck I would go with the machined/black version...I assume you do know that on this version it is not chrome, it is machined alum. I wanted this one because it is low maintenance. no worries about pitting.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Watson91
Other than right now (take the tires/wheels off for winter) i usually keep her washed once a week. I polish either every time or every other time just depends on what kind of driving i did. For the times I don't, I have some aluminum wheel spray that I clean them up with.
what would happen if u just wash then with soap and water, would they get messed up thourhout the year of as time goes on as in getting spots on it getting a hazy look to it or rustin?

Old 02-08-2010, 06:20 PM
what do yall think would look better on my truck the all chrome or the black and chrome??

Old 02-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ultra also makes that same wheel, heres mine:

Old 02-09-2010, 12:29 AM
idegarandnanis
do u have a lift on your truck.. cuz it sits pretty high

Old 02-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by truckin150
wow they look good on ur truck, how long have u had them, do u have any problems with chrome chipping or spots or rusting, how do u like eagle alloy rims?
what size rim do u have, im lookin inbetween a 18 and 20 and plan on putting 33 toyo mt on it and jw what size urs was

Old 02-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Blowing the dust off of this one. Does the super finish not have a clear over the machined aluminum? I like this wheel but I don't want to be polishing raw aluminum all of the time. Been there, done that, ain't doing it again.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:51 PM
thats a good question, does all machined wheels from eagle alloys have a clear coat over them?

Quick Reply: Eagle Alloy Series 079 Pics