M/T or A/T Tires Plus Alot of Highway Driving

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M/T or A/T Tires Plus Alot of Highway Driving

Spring will soon be here & I am debating on my summer wheel setup.
Not sure if I should go find a XD series dealer or go with a set of Ford 18" Chrome Clad Rims
Then it comes to my tire. It either is going to be an AT or MT my truck wont see off road but heck those MT tires look so good. My worry is that I drive alot of highway miles (7-8 hours of pure highway)
So I am thinking the AT would be better performance for the many dif weather conditions.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

I have a Black Extended Cab 2010 F150 (Chrome Running Boards & Bumpers)

Old 02-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Do you realize you answered your own question??

Yes, the A/T is the best, most practical answer. The A/T will do EVERYTHING better and most things just as good...no brainer. Literally don't know why you even asked. But what fun is that?!? The M/Ts just look bad-*** and that why I have them. Mine may see some snow each year but that's the extent of my 4WD service. They look so good I just don't care.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Haha :P What are your M/T's like on the highway?

Old 02-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You know what you need but you also know what you want. I'd suggest narrowing the selection down to a really aggressive AT, like the BFG AT KO's or Pro Comp Xtreme AT's or DC FC II's or a mild MT like the Toyo MT or the new Nitto Trail Grappler. Tires are always a compromise no matter what.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Decisions,decisions. You know what you need (AT) but you know what you want (MT). Just give it serious thought because once you pull the trigger you will have to live with it !

Old 02-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
I do a lot of highway driving myself and have run BFG and Toyo all terrains even though I have Toyo MT's on my truck now. The all terrains are definitly the better choice for a lot of highway driving. They balance out better, wear longer and usually ride smoother. They do however come in second in look's to an aggressive looking mud tire. On your 2010 a set of 305x65x18 BFG's would look great if your truck is leveled. Just my 2 cent's.

Quick Reply: M/T or A/T Tires Plus Alot of Highway Driving