Tire size for 06 fx4 supercrew?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking at other sites and they were anywhere from $150 to $300. Is one better than the other?

Old 02-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most members here use the Autospring leveling kit which is about $70. Honestly, a leveling kit is a pretty simple product. They are all about the same except price.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:30 PM
That's what I was thinking except for some say they are polly and some are steel. The polly ones seem to be more money, is the ride better?

Old 02-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by KR-Texas
Tell that to his wife... She wished he went with the Toyos because we rarely drive under 70 in Texas.

I only mentioned it because he brought it up to me the other day. The sound does not bother me, but I used to run 40" Super Swampers on my BIG truck when I was in high school...

KR-Texas
That is craziness. They must ride around in complete silent with no radio. Because mine just aren't loud. I know tire psi. is a touchy issue with these tires. Because they are 10ply, you can air weigh down and be alright. I did this to soften my ride. I bet tire psi. can affect the amount of noise they put off. Not to mention, if he has put enough miles to cause a little un-even wearing.?.?

This is off of fourwheeler.com, where they reviewed the Trail Grap.

Nitto Trail Grappler MT Tire Test
The King Of Quiet?
December, 2009
By Robin Stover
Photography by Robin Stover

In the world of mud-terrain tires many brands have laid claim to quiet on-pavement performance. However, typically when we test 'em, we sometimes find the word "quiet" was misused. Not so with the newest tread from Nitto. In fact, we believe the new Trail Grappler M/T may just be the quietest mud-terrain tire we've ever tested. And in all actuality, Nitto set out to do just that. Using sophisticated sound analysis equipment, Nitto's team of engineers optimized the Trail Grappler's design until they believed they had the best possible balance between performance and road noise.

Last edited by F150 Man 4Eva; 02-18-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks, that is good to know. I will refer him to this thread to see if it will help with his wife.

KR-Texas

Quick Reply: Tire size for 06 fx4 supercrew?