Cooper Zeon LTZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cooper Zeon LTZ

I have searched these, but just want an update on them. Those of you that have them, how do you like them? What is the noise like? How well do they fit the stock 20's? I haven't heard much about them but from what I have read so far it seems like y'all like them but just wondered about how they are holding up still. My Pirelli's appear to be on their last leg finally probably 5k left on them but that wont last long (I am very glad because I HATE these tires) and I'm starting to search for my next ones! Most of my driving is highway, but I do like to play in the dirt and love the look of them. I know they have an XL load rating which I think is good right?
Thanks in advance.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I have around 15000 on mine now and they seem to be wearing fine. I expect to get 50000 out of them. They are very quiet for a tire as aggressive looking as they are but not silent as some suggest. A slight hum is all and nothing that comes close to drowning out a conversation even with the window down. They handle real well even in wet conditions and seem to be as good offroad as any other AT tire I have had. I will definatley consider purchasing again when the time comes. I pull a travel trailer and the XL load rating was a bonus for me.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Where did you get yours?

Old 03-04-2010, 10:57 AM

I bought them from Tread Depot online and had them installed locally. I couldnt find a dealer around my area that carried them. I am the only one locally with them. I get lots of compliments and people wanting to know where I got them. Even with having to pay a local shop to mount they were not expensive at all. Tread Depot has great prices and good service. They are now a site sponser and offer a $25 rebate.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Did you have your tires before you got the leveling kit? If so did they rub at all?

Old 03-04-2010, 11:57 PM
I love mine. Great ride, quiet for how aggressive they are.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:17 AM
i've had mine for a month now,love em.they do great on ice/snow and suprised me in the mud for an a/t.
its been warm for a couples days up here in canada(lotsa mud),so i thought i would go on a lil adventure on some undeveloped land by my place...wow they were awesome only needed 4wd once,but that was crawling up a 20-25 degree incline with about 4in mud.not any louder than factory bfg's from what i can tell.they ride nice too(i run 42 psi all around)
bottom line best a/t tire for the money by far IMHO much better than then stocker's
i should mention i owned terra grapplers before these and there pretty well the same but these ride better. BUY THESE!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 03-05-2010, 10:34 AM
thanks guys, found a place that sells them in Amarillo, probably gonna check them out while I am home this weekend.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by MbL90
Did you have your tires before you got the leveling kit? If so did they rub at all?
Yeah I had them before the level kit. The only issue I had and still have even after the level is that they rub the sway bar at full lock. Not bad or anything but they do rub with my stock wheels. Only happens in tight parking lots. If you don't have stock wheels or if you go with one of the other sizes than 305's you probably won't have that problem.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:48 PM
I love mine so far as well. Very quiet and great ride

Old 03-05-2010, 05:00 PM
i'va had mine for a little while now and love them. i right in the begining of the winter prom the stock parellies(or however you spell that) and they made a huge difference. we had a huge snow storm and they worked great in the snow. also very quiet (not as quiet as stock parellies but for the agressive pattern very quiet)

Old 03-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Red face

Well the dealer ship was gonna fix what I thought was a nail or staple, but turned out to be barbs off of a barbed wire fence. I have no clue where I even came close to a barbed wire fence with this truck. Anyways I was gonna wait until I had run these tires to their end, but had to replace them today. Went ahead and got the Coopers and love them so far, I don't even notice the low hum of the tires. Got some pics today, but gave her a bath afterwards to get some clean pics too. I'll post em up when I'm done cleanin' her and get some clean pics! (she had dirty feet and new shoes it just didn't work for me) thanks for the input fellas!

Old 03-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Alright, so here's the pics. It was raining today as I knew it wouild, but my truck needed a bath anyways it'd been a long time since she had a real bath.
Still had some soap or whatever they use to get the tire on because i was being rushed to get ready for a wedding.

This morning in between the rain

another

Hum is a little more noticeable to me today but it's still not bad at all. Too bad it was an instantaneous purchase so I couldn't work on a better price, but I still love the tires and think they were well worth it!

Old 03-08-2010, 11:55 AM

Looks good! What size did you go with?

Old 03-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good. They look pretty close to the factory size.

Next time you get them balanced have the wheels weights put on the inside, looks a little nicer.

Quick Reply: Cooper Zeon LTZ