Suprise! New Guy With Wheel/Tire Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well crap, I just realized this forum doesn’t support its own pics and my site is down right now. Anyone want to post some pics for me? If you PM me your email address I will send them over.

thanks

Old 04-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I post pics from this forum all the time... Just upload them to an album in your profile, call it new tires or something. Then if you view your album and select the picture to view individually, you will see the BB code line that has [img] at the beginning and end, copy that entire line, and place it in a post...

this: (I placed the quotation marks, and ---- after the "[img]" on either end.. )

"[IMG]---https://www.f150online.com/forums/members/mwkatm-albums-my-truck-picture55545-corner-shot.jpg---[/IMG]"

produces this...

I'm anxiously awaiting pics as well, as I'm looking at tires now too...

Last edited by mwkatm; 04-06-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Old 04-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^^^^^^ Those look REALLY NICE!!!

hmmm

Old 04-13-2010, 03:41 AM
Originally Posted by mwkatm
^^^^^^^^ Those look REALLY NICE!!!

hmmm
Thanks!

Next up is blacked out bumpers, tow hooks, badges, door handles, custom 3.5in. tailpipe slash cut and powdercoated black, limo tint rear windows, 45% main doors, HD tails and headlights, Rhino liner and a set of Bushwacker 3/4in street flares in black. That should take care of the looks for a while

Next up a set of King remote reservior shocks/coilovers and I will machine my own leveling kit so the front sits 1/2in below the rear so it still has a little cant to it.

After that it will be time to throw a screw blower at it.

So for those of you who are wondering what size what will look like these are a pretty good indication of what a lot of the rims will come out like because of the offset. These are 18x9.5's with a +25mm offset with 305's on. Most rims seem to be 9" wide. If this rim were 9" wide it would have a +19mm offset. So if you are going with a 18x9 (or just about any 9) with a +18mm offset the outside edge of the rim/tire combo will end up almost exactly where this one is sitting. A +12mm offset will have them inboard another 6mm (1/4in) which is no big deal and a 0mm offset will get you another 12mm (1/2in) which would be about 3/4" inboard of the wheels/tires pictured. It looks to me if you were to go under zero offset that you would be real close to rubbing all over the place. I can't imagine going narrower and there are a lot of -12mm offset rims out there. If you get some -12mm offset rims be prepared to get yourself some wheel spacers for the front.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Those look fantastic!

I just had new rims put on today...went with the matte black XD Monsters. I recently put on the BG All Terrain KO. +18 offset. Now I need a black grille....

Old 08-03-2010, 11:31 AM
sqidd...i've been reading posts on this for a while now, if fact they are about running into each other in my mind. In any case thanks for the offset clarification it helps!

However since my situation is a little different i wanted to get your take on it since you seem to have this down now.

Silver 2010 4x2 XLT Screw w/chrome package, no leveling kit or lift. I don't want my tires to stick out so much or nothing at all (a little is OK), yours don't seem to stick out a lot. I originally wanted to stay with 18" wheels but i've been told my options are limitted (so that they don't stick out) with positive offset. However i was told that if i go with 20" there are more options (that won't stick out) with positive offsets.

Now what i am looking for:
1. Nitto Terra G's (as big as i can go that won't rub or stick out)
2. Black Machined wheels (18 or 20's with positive offset)

By the way, I was told that the current offset on my stock wheels is +30 is that true?

Thanks to all...appreciate any suggestions, pics, feedback, etc.!

I'm like you just trying to do this once the right way

Quick Reply: Suprise! New Guy With Wheel/Tire Questions