Best A/T tire for 20" wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best A/T tire for 20" wheels

My 2007 King Ranch 4x4 now has around 38k miles on it and after sliding around all over the place and getting stuck in the snow twice yesterday it's time to replace the tires. I have the factory 20" KR wheels w Pirelli tires now.

I live in the Sierra Mountains so I do get quite a bit of snowfall in the winter and my daily commute is about 110 miles roundtrip (all highway). Im trying to find the best balance between having good traction in the snow but also comfortable and not too noisy during normal freeway driving.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-Nick

Last edited by djnb20; 03-04-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lots of good ones out there...take a look at:

Nitto Terra Grappler
Toyo Open Country AT
Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor - I know these are MTN Snowflake rated and have a layer of kevlar to quiet and make ride smoother
BFG All Terrain TAKO
Hankook DynaPro AT RF10

All good tires that I think would satisfy your needs!

Old 03-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went with the Toyo Open Country's. No comparison in the snow and offroad to the stock Pirelli's! Tires were already siped prior to me buying them, supposedly someone else had bought them before but could not afford them and gave them back before leaving the tire store Anyway, I got a good chunk of money off this set of tires, because I did not want them siped + they were slightly 'used'. Just curious, does anyone have any experience with siped tires? I havent found many negatives except for some chunking issues.

-Nick

Quick Reply: Best A/T tire for 20" wheels