what should I do...? im so confused/indecisive.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what should I do...? im so confused/indecisive.

Hey guys, new to this site. I open my f150online posting thread with this....first, heres my situation. I have an 08' 4x4 white sand pictured below.
Right now I have a stainless brush guard, and stainless taillight guards, OE machined 18'', but windows blacked out. Regardless of the way my decision turns out, the 3inch AS front level kit and rear aal which are in the mail, are going on the truck. What i cant decide about is whether to keep up with the chrome thats been going on (which growing up i was never a fan of, and still arnt, even though i love my truck) OR....sell the guards, and go black and white, or should i say black and white sand. Meaning, wheels, grille, headlights, taillights/3rd brake light. heres where Im at...

Tires: I am a fan of BFG and think I will end up with 35'' all terrains, but possibly toyo open countrys or terra nitros if i go black

Wheels: moto metal 951s, Dip d10s, for chrome OR XD addicts, monsters, rockstars for black OR moto metal 951s chrome/black, MB Vdrive.

What should I do? As you can see im pretty open to ideas, and im really indecisive when it comes to changing the look of my truck. Thanks for hearing me out and id really like to hear what you guys think.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:42 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMO a chrome or machined wheel will look best. Will take just the right wheel to fit 35s though. I like the 295/70/18 nitto trail grapplers.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree.....

Old 03-19-2010, 10:04 AM
I agree about the chrome thing...but if you need further help get someone to photoshop some of the wheels for you. That might help.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:04 AM
1. Install Leveling Kit
2. Remove Chrome Brush Guard, Taillight Guards, Bug Deflector (ASAP!!!) & Steps
3. Install Black Brush Guard (Black Steps Also If Wanted)
4. 18x9 XD Black Monsters or Black Addicts with 285/75 Toyo AT's or 295/70 Nitto AT's
5. Black Out Headlights and Smoke Tails/3rd Brake Light
6. Done

Old 03-19-2010, 11:50 AM
IMO, lose the stainless, replace with black.
2 tone wheels (all black looks generic) or polished/machined (not chrome).
I like the bfg's, but the other brands are ok too (try not to buy chineese tires)

Old 03-22-2010, 07:40 PM
I appreciate your opinions guys, its amazing how some online website forums garner more respones than other websites, ie....this one vs. another i use which never gets me anywhere. Im pretty much decided on Ion Alloys 179, which are machined and black. On 325/65/18 BFG AT (34.6 inches) http://customwheel.com/custom_wheels...0179-black.jpg

Under a 3inch AS Leveling kit, and rear AAL, possibly may replace the factory 1.6inch blocks with 3 inch blocks, depending on the rake i get from the leafs.

BTW....I am toying with the idea of selling the stainless guards front and rear, scraping the visors/bugflector but leaving the steps because of the front and rear bumpers being chrome. (the ion alloys will flow with that IMO) Having my OEM front, 3rd brake and taillights smoked out, as well as adding smoked clearance lights. And picking up either an OE black grille or a Saleen grille. I think the concensus is that the truck would look good black and whitesand....now i need to start saving for those addons...

Old 03-22-2010, 09:38 PM

I think you should keep the chrome. Get 20 or 22 inch chrome rockstars or monsters with the tire of your choice. Just my opinion but chrome and white looks sick!

Quick Reply: what should I do...? im so confused/indecisive.