New Nitto Trail Grapplers are on!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The lugs are rubbing but not on the bumper just on the inside of the ball joint its just slight rubbing and its only at full lock and usually when at full lock your going very slow into a parking spot or something so its not bad at all. Its the size of these lugs that cause it, cause you can hear it bump each time it hits a lug as it rotates, its not the full tire rubbing. Nothing that will hurt anything as long as your not going really fast and then pull it into full lock, which I doubt you will ever have to do!

Old 03-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Weber27
The lugs are rubbing but not on the bumper just on the inside of the ball joint its just slight rubbing and its only at full lock and usually when at full lock your going very slow into a parking spot or something so its not bad at all. Its the size of these lugs that cause it, cause you can hear it bump each time it hits a lug as it rotates, its not the full tire rubbing. Nothing that will hurt anything as long as your not going really fast and then pull it into full lock, which I doubt you will ever have to do!
Thanks for the reply and I thought that might have been the problem. I dont see myself going fast at full lock so these might be my choice.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:26 AM
Nice, looks way better!

Old 03-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Looks sweet man!! I have pretty much the same setup on my truck just a different tire!! its crazy how much better your truck looks with this simple upgrade!! Well done!!

Old 03-22-2010, 03:09 AM
As the tire has two different sidewall patterns do you think the rubbing would exist if they were mounted switched around? Like I said before not a big deal, just curious. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:11 PM
I dont think it would matter because the side wall pattern is damn near the same. One is just a straight block looking lug and the other is almost a spear shape but same size and everything, same amount of rubber on each and same pattern. In all honesty you have to really look in order to see the difference in lug pattern. I think the having 2 different lug patterns was more of a marketing tool, it really isnt much different. But none the less it is a sweet tire which every way you decide to mount it.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:08 PM
I dont think it would matter because the side wall pattern is damn near the same. One is just a straight block looking lug and the other is almost a spear shape but same size and everything, same amount of rubber on each and same pattern. In all honesty you have to really look in order to see the difference in lug pattern. I think the having 2 different lug patterns was more of a marketing tool, it really isnt much different. But none the less it is a sweet tire which every way you decide to mount it.
Thanks, I am about to pull the trigger on getting a set of them. I wanted BFG's but going with the Nitto's will save me over $400. I might throw up a new thread to get a couple opinions, but more than likely I will be joining you!!

Old 03-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Sweet tires ...now paint your rims black!

Old 03-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by westtnfx4
Sweet tires ...now paint your rims black!
As much as I like the all black look and I think a lot of trucks on here are doing it well and looking good. I am a bit old fashion and like the stock look with added toughness in the MT tires. I am going to tint my headlights and tail lights but not fully black just smoke them a bit. I like the chrome running boards and rims. Although I am herculining my tool box black. But that is more just for the sake of wear on it cause I do a lot of hunting and we have a lot of horse equipment going in and out of it and I want a rough finish that will hold up. It should look sweet too!!

Old 03-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by mdhawkin
Thanks, I am about to pull the trigger on getting a set of them. I wanted BFG's but going with the Nitto's will save me over $400. I might throw up a new thread to get a couple opinions, but more than likely I will be joining you!!
For $998.16 and getting them in 3 days flat! Its absolutely worth it. Trust me you will be very happy with these tires. I am still pumped every time I see them. You will be pleasantly surprised with them! And you will get a lot of looks!!

Old 03-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good man! good choice. You could probably get a 1/4in spacer to get rid of that rubbing.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what psi are you guys with these running?

Quick Reply: New Nitto Trail Grapplers are on!!!