If you got XD wheels show them off!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010 | 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by bigun72
i had them moto metal 958 on my 04 fx4 screw. they are alot betr lookin in person than online.
heres a pic ,i posted that earlier from my phone.......

Old 03-29-2010 | 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Bighahn
lol. Its a static strap. helps from dust clingging to your truck and rids of that static shock you get when you get out of your truck!
I have heard of static shock, and about lightning but never about collecting dust. I guess there is a first for everything

Old 03-29-2010 | 10:19 PM
lol. Its a static strap. helps from dust clingging to your truck and rids of that static shock you get when you get out of your truck!
where might one find that contraption at

Old 03-29-2010 | 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Fordfanatic101
where might one find that contraption at
You can find them online! I bought at flyin high trucks in AZ, but you can easily google it too.

Old 03-29-2010 | 11:47 PM
yeah i saw that strap too, from what i understand all the guys around here have them on the pipeline (from canada to chicago) in case their truck get hits by lightning, but it works for static cling??? (dust)

Old 03-30-2010 | 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by wisconsinFX4
yeah i saw that strap too, from what i understand all the guys around here have them on the pipeline (from canada to chicago) in case their truck get hits by lightning, but it works for static cling??? (dust)
Its just like lint to a baloon! Your truck builds static from all sorts of moving parts and if not discharged, it will either shock you when you get out of your truck or coat it in dust. I compared my dads truck when he had the static strap to my truck when I didnt and just let me say WOW! Some dust was on his truck but my truck was a different story, and out here in AZ it is immpossible to escape the dust! These really work and will slow that thin coat of dust from developing on your newly washed truck!

Old 03-30-2010 | 02:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Its just like lint to a baloon! Your truck builds static from all sorts of moving parts and if not discharged, it will either shock you when you get out of your truck or coat it in dust. I compared my dads truck when he had the static strap to my truck when I didnt and just let me say WOW! Some dust was on his truck but my truck was a different story, and out here in AZ it is immpossible to escape the dust! These really work and will slow that thin coat of dust from developing on your newly washed truck!
I can attest to big hahn's static straps. I bought 2 after talking to him about them; from rockauto.com ($3 bucks for a 30" strap ) Don't spend $20+ like everywhere else on the web! I installed one up front and one out back and I now have no shock leaving the truck and the dust is cut WAY WAY down. With the wind around here I don't think I can ever kill the dust off completely.

Old 03-30-2010 | 04:22 PM
That sucks, I HATE wind so much.

I never get shocked getting out of my truck, ever?!?

Old 03-30-2010 | 04:30 PM
Its a humidity thing. I used to live in PHX and had years of electro-shock therapy getting out of my truck.

Old 03-30-2010 | 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by FX4life
I can attest to big hahn's static straps. I bought 2 after talking to him about them; from rockauto.com ($3 bucks for a 30" strap ) Don't spend $20+ like everywhere else on the web! I installed one up front and one out back and I now have no shock leaving the truck and the dust is cut WAY WAY down. With the wind around here I don't think I can ever kill the dust off completely.
is there a link for more info? no hits with google.

edit: n/m i didn't realize hahn was a forum member. that could be why i didn't get any hits.

Last edited by Big Slick; 03-30-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2010 | 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by BlueOval_Man
That sucks, I HATE wind so much.

I never get shocked getting out of my truck, ever?!?
Happens to me all the time it seems like, especially during winter.

Old 03-30-2010 | 05:39 PM
Ha Thanks for showing a second opinion so Im not the only one saying this works! I live in AZ and I can never escape the dust, it is absolutly horrible!

Old 03-30-2010 | 07:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Ha Thanks for showing a second opinion so Im not the only one saying this works! I live in AZ and I can never escape the dust, it is absolutly horrible!
Yep, glad as hell I finally found something to keep the dust down. Used to be I'd wash it an ten minutes later it had a dusty haze to it... The downside is everyone is always telling you something is hanging off your truck.. I looked all over for straps, even the off road place you get yours with no luck. The mitzers are 20 something a piece and not long enough for my truck.

Here is a link to RockAuto.com; click on the extras tab, or the part number search tab to find the straps. A direct link won't work..
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

Here are the part numbers:
25" strap: GATES Part # 90330
30" strap: GATES Part # 90331

Last edited by FX4life; 03-30-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-30-2010 | 11:00 PM
Truck of the Month
Yep, glad as hell I finally found something to keep the dust down. Used to be I'd wash it an ten minutes later it had a dusty haze to it... The downside is everyone is always telling you something is hanging off your truck.. I looked all over for straps, even the off road place you get yours with no luck. The mitzers are 20 something a piece and not long enough for my truck.

Here is a link to RockAuto.com; click on the extras tab, or the part number search tab to find the straps. A direct link won't work..
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

Here are the part numbers:
25" strap: GATES Part # 90330
30" strap: GATES Part # 90331
Thanks FX4life for the link and part numbers. I get shocked all the time too.

My apologies to the OP since thread got off topic; responded to original post already but found this useful info.

Old 03-30-2010 | 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by motograter
Its a humidity thing. I used to live in PHX and had years of electro-shock therapy getting out of my truck.
Are you tring to say south Florida anit humid?

Quick Reply: If you got XD wheels show them off!