Better Pictures of new Trail Grappler upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great looking images... Very sharp... Well done...

Old 03-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those pics do so much more justice than the ones did before. I sorta want to stick with my stock wheels now after seeing your new pics

Old 03-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by truckncrew04
Those pics do so much more justice than the ones did before. I sorta want to stick with my stock wheels now after seeing your new pics
Ya, the stock FX4 Rims are bad ***. I debated getting new wheels but thought I would rather save the money and put it toward the tires I wanted and keep the stock rims, which I love!

Old 03-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Weber27
Ya, the stock FX4 Rims are bad ***. I debated getting new wheels but thought I would rather save the money and put it toward the tires I wanted and keep the stock rims, which I love!
Weber, truck looks great man. I see those are 295/70/18's. I will be getting the same exact size on my '09 FX4, but will be going with the Terra's instead. Those tires you have Load Range E? The Terra's only come in Load E in that size. Was wondering how the ride was. Also, I assume you have at least a leveling kit, how much of a lift and what kind?

Old 03-26-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by F150FX42009
Weber, truck looks great man. I see those are 295/70/18's. I will be getting the same exact size on my '09 FX4, but will be going with the Terra's instead. Those tires you have Load Range E? The Terra's only come in Load E in that size. Was wondering how the ride was. Also, I assume you have at least a leveling kit, how much of a lift and what kind?
Ya they are load range E. They ride great and much smoother and quieter than I expected out of a MT. I have a 2 1/2 Hell bent steel level kit on it. I did have some rubbing at first but I swapped the tires around so the v-shaped lug pattern faces out and the rubbing has stopped it still touches at full lock but no bumbing and rubbing as it goes around and hits each lug like before.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That looks great!

Old 03-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Ya they are load range E. They ride great and much smoother and quieter than I expected out of a MT. I have a 2 1/2 Hell bent steel level kit on it. I did have some rubbing at first but I swapped the tires around so the v-shaped lug pattern faces out and the rubbing has stopped it still touches at full lock but no bumbing and rubbing as it goes around and hits each lug like before.
cool, sounds good. Glad to hear that the Load E tires aren't too stiff and rough for some people. I have been advised to not go with them and at the same time have been highly advised to go with them. What kind of mileage difference did these new tires make?

Old 03-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by F150FX42009
cool, sounds good. Glad to hear that the Load E tires aren't too stiff and rough for some people. I have been advised to not go with them and at the same time have been highly advised to go with them. What kind of mileage difference did these new tires make?
I havent ran a full tank through it yet to get my calculations but I do notice the tank is emptying quicker than usual (I did just get my hi-flow cats put on so I have been listening to the sound give it more gas, so that may have something to do with it)

I am going to put in a full tank probably tomorrow and then try and drive normally for a full tank and see what I get mileage wise. I will give you a heads up when its empty!

Old 03-27-2010, 12:05 AM
I am a little curious to see how my mounting turns out. I have a 2 1/2 auto spring but I did some research a while back and it turns out the the A/S kits actually provides a little more lift than the HBS kits. Not sure if this will make a difference at all. If I can find the thread I posted my findings in I will edit with the link.

EDIT: Here is the link with the measurements: https://www.f150online.com/forums/su...2-5-level.html

Last edited by mdhawkin; 03-27-2010 at 12:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Better Pictures of new Trail Grappler upgrade