I may have solved the TPMS fault issue!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I may have solved the TPMS fault issue!!!!

Maybe this should be a sticky. I have been reading all over the internet for a month about an intermittent TPMS (Sensor Fault) that shows up when the pressures are fine and original rims are still used (so it doesnt appear anything is changed). Seems that lots of people in the ford family have this issue.

I have found a backwater Ford Service Bulletin that explains that a steel belted radial (which I have installed on my truck, Toyo AT's) as well as run flat tires (which are also steel belted) can cause interference to the RF system. Now I cant provide a solution at this point however this explains a ghost issue and I hope to find a solution (short of changing tires) soon.

Last edited by the_cosworth; 04-26-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:03 AM
Originally Posted by the_cosworth
Maybe this should be a sticky. I have been reading all over the internet for a month about an intermittent TPMS (Sensor Fault) that shows up when the pressures are fine and original rims are still used (so it doesnt appear anything is changed). Seems that lots of people in the ford family have this issue.

I have found a backwater Ford Service Bulletin that explains that a steel belted radial (which I have installed on my truck, Toyo AT's) as well as run flat tires (which are also steel belted) can cause interference to the RF system. Now I cant provide a solution at this point however this explains a ghost issue and I hope to find a solution (short of changing tires) soon.
Put this on the TPMS wire on the chassis:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=110-450

Old 05-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Not to drag up an old thread but does anyone know where this TPMS chassis antenna is?

Thanks!

Old 05-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by maddog69
Not to drag up an old thread but does anyone know where this TPMS chassis antenna is?

Thanks!
It would not need an external antenna. Just like pocket radios, it is probably part of the computer system, especially since it is a very short range system.

Here is some info on the TPMS system. The receiver is part of the smart junction box or body security module.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/Q168.pdf

Last edited by kingfish51; 05-07-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Quick Reply: I may have solved the TPMS fault issue!!!!