black 22" monsters...you got better ideas???

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dilloncawthon
yeah nobody even mentioned rockstars, but anywho the monsters are matte black.
he must have "gay rockstars" on the mind, thanks for the matte black info

Originally Posted by DDJCdad
Have you looked at the Ballistic Jester yet?
the jester's do look sweet, do you get to pick what color inserts get put in around the edge of the wheel? chrome inserts might look cool...

Originally Posted by mdhawkin
I dont think I missed it anywhere, but what kind of tires do you plan on running with them? If you go with a street tire I say go with the 22's, if you plan on going with an AT or MT I would go with 20's and a little more sidewall. I think aggressive tires with smaller sidewalls look a little off. So I say it depends on what style tire you are wrapping them with.
was looking to get nitto terra grappler's most likely, that's what i had on my moto metal 951's and i liked 'em....

Old 04-28-2010, 07:55 PM
was looking to get nitto terra grappler's most likely, that's what i had on my moto metal 951's and i liked 'em....
I would go with 20's since you are are not going with a bigger tire (Save some money too). Reguardless of your choice, if your happy - im happy for you. Good Luck

Old 04-28-2010, 08:18 PM
saving money is always nice....not just on the tires but on the wheels too!!! at least the prices are a little lower for black wheels as opposed to chrome ones....

Old 04-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by wisconsinFX4
saving money is always nice....not just on the tires but on the wheels too!!! at least the prices are a little lower for black wheels as opposed to chrome ones....
Yes sir, others may not agree with me, but I think the 20's with that size tire will look better. Unless you are going for the street look, I would not run 22's on anything less than 37's M/T's and 35's A/T's.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:20 AM
20's would look good too but why spend all that money on the same size wheels as the factory.. 22's would def set you apart from the rest of the crowd

Old 04-29-2010, 09:55 AM
okay, so i found some ballistic jesters online, and the biggest wheel they make is a 20 x 9....the 2 options for offset/backspace are +12/5.47 or -12/4.53...what is the difference? (backspacing confuses the sh*t outta me)...ideally i would like to wrap them with 305/55/R20 terra grapplers, would either of those combo's fit or would i need to level??? oh and it looks like the red accents can be removable now with an allen wrench, i would probably get them sprayed chrome or a gray metallic (to match the 4x4 sticker) or something like that....

this is the site with the cheapest price i've found so far:

http://www.bigbrandwheels.com/Product_3826.html

and this is the sight with the different wheel size options:

http://www.rimzoneonline.com/ballistic814Blk_20x9.htm

Old 04-30-2010, 12:19 AM
bumpage, consulted wandell on the offset, he said the +12 should fit fine without the level, although the rimzoneonline.com guy told me that i would need at least a 2" level...but i trust in wandell....on another note, i guess the new jester accents aren't "allen wrenched", they just stick them on at the shop before they ship so i asked him if they would just send the accents separate so i could paint them accordingly...he said that wouldn't be a problem, if i do go with those rims i think the accents would look awesome either chrome sprayed or metallic grey to match my 4x4 sticker, thoughts? oh and i saw there are the ballistics with and without the allen wrench bolt on the accents and the chrome bolts are either all chrome or chrome with the center black, what's up with that?

Old 05-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Chrome accents would look sick with the chrome bumpers.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:07 AM
the thread lives!!! i'm glad i posted this thread and people DID have better ideas....i'm going to go with chrome ballistic jesters with the +12 offset and 305/55/R20 terra grapps (i think the chrome with black inserts will just fit my truck better)...the problem is the wheels are are national backorder and can't get them for at least another 2 months...i can get the combo for $2175 plus shipping. on a side note, if anyone is looking for great prices on tires and wheels creepinonchrome.com is pretty much unbeatable, they are super nice guys and they can get pretty much any wheel....their website SUCKS but call them up and they can get you REALLY good prices!!! i will be getting my combo once they come in from them, give them a try! you won't be disappointed, except the are a little hard to understand from the southern accents! here is a pick of the wheel, i expect them to be on my truck once they come in and i have the cash this summer...

Old 05-07-2010, 12:18 AM
the thread lives!!! i'm glad i posted this thread and people DID have better ideas....i'm going to go with chrome ballistic jesters with the +12 offset and 305/55/R20 terra grapps (i think the chrome with black inserts will just fit my truck better)...the problem is the wheels are are national backorder and can't get them for at least another 2 months...i can get the combo for $2175 plus shipping. on a side note, if anyone is looking for great prices on tires and wheels creepinonchrome.com is pretty much unbeatable, they are super nice guys and they can get pretty much any wheel....their website SUCKS but call them up and they can get you REALLY good prices!!! i will be getting my combo once they come in from them, give them a try! you won't be disappointed, except the are a little hard to understand from the southern accents! here is a pick of the wheel, i expect them to be on my truck once they come in and i have the cash this summer...

OOOOOO I like those in chrome!!! I think you may have found my new wheels. Although the black w/red accents would look good on my truck. Ahh I can't make up my mind

Last edited by Vigs07R; 05-07-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Nice choice! I am going with the same wheel, but with the Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tire in the 305/55/R20 size. Post pics when you get them on!

Old 05-07-2010, 12:30 AM
yeah i really like the black but i just don't think i could pull it off with the white sand...the chrome with black inserts will play into my truck them without having to PTM the bumpers...wishing the months away til i can purchase...oh and vigs the black ARE available...look up creepinonchrome.com and they can hook you up! give them a little bit of a sob story and they'll probably reduce the shipping a little bit, they quoted me $160 from MO to WI but the guy said he could work it down if i got them shipped freight commercially...good luck!

Old 05-07-2010, 12:41 AM
yeah i really like the black but i just don't think i could pull it off with the white sand...the chrome with black inserts will play into my truck them without having to PTM the bumpers...wishing the months away til i can purchase...oh and vigs the black ARE available...look up creepinonchrome.com and they can hook you up! give them a little bit of a sob story and they'll probably reduce the shipping a little bit, they quoted me $160 from MO to WI but the guy said he could work it down if i got them shipped freight commercially...good luck!
I want to but I can't make up my mind on what wheels to get. Chrome? Black? What offset? Ahh I wish I was good at photoshopping!!!

Old 05-07-2010, 12:58 AM
hey man +12 5.47 backspace is what they offer in the 20x9 wheel (it should be like 1.5" beyond stock)..from what wandell has told me the 305/55/R20's will fit on my 09 without a level so that's what i'm going with...if it doesn't i'm going to get a 1.5" AS level or adjustable billsteins...they also offer -12 4.53 backspace but the things will stick out like 3"...i guess the ball is in your court to research what you wanna do. i really like your roush rims...i'm going to get 275/60/R20 Cooper Zeon LTZ's for my stock wheels for the winter...i can get them for $178 without tax..a great deal!

Old 05-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those jesters will look amazing on your truck.

Quick Reply: black 22" monsters...you got better ideas???