'10 17" tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 17" tires

I'm currently no where near needing new tires. I'll kill the stock tires in the next year or two. But in the meantime, I'm searching for a suitable replacement.

I have always run 10 ply Michelins on every truck I've ever owned. I am having trouble finding them in a suitable 17" size.

It seems 265/70/17 are about the largest I can find these in.

I'm tempted to drop to an 8 ply and step up to 285/70/17.

With all this thinking going on, all I see the board talking about are Goodyears, Toyos, and Nittos. I'll be damned if I ever run a Goodyear on anything I would consider a truck, and I really know nothing about the other two.

Do they even remotely compare to a Michelin? Or are most buying these for looks alone?

Old 06-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by CharlieHo
I'm currently no where near needing new tires. I'll kill the stock tires in the next year or two. But in the meantime, I'm searching for a suitable replacement.

I have always run 10 ply Michelins on every truck I've ever owned. I am having trouble finding them in a suitable 17" size.

It seems 265/70/17 are about the largest I can find these in.

I'm tempted to drop to an 8 ply and step up to 285/70/17.

With all this thinking going on, all I see the board talking about are Goodyears, Toyos, and Nittos. I'll be damned if I ever run a Goodyear on anything I would consider a truck, and I really know nothing about the other two.

Do they even remotely compare to a Michelin? Or are most buying these for looks alone?
On this forum durability and look's rank high. I've run BFG's, Toyo AT and MT's and some Pro Comp AT's on my truck and found the best overall for mileage and look's was the BFG AT's. Ran the 315x70x17 for 43k miles and got tired of looking at them so I sold them to a guy with a Hummer. He may get another 40k miles out of them easily.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my experience, BFG ATs have been one of the worst tires I've ever purchased.

Traction was good, but handling and treadwear were horrible.

With Michelins, I have consistently seen 60-70K miles usable life. I had two sets of BFG that barely lasted 30K.

BFG will never be on another of my trucks.

Quick Reply: '10 17" tires