BFG A/T or M/T vs Toyo Open Country M/T

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BFG A/T or M/T vs Toyo Open Country M/T

which one is better? last the longest? best gas mileage etc.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:04 PM
I got toyo m/t and I love them. They say you can get about 40,000 miles out of them

Old 08-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Technical Article Contributor

All great tires....really depends what you are looking for. All year tire is going to be an AT as they do better in plowed snow (street driving) but I see you live in Alabama.

You will get better MPG out of an AT tire...I have had the BFG AT's on a 91 F250 and got over 80K miles out of them and loved them...wore them all the way down till the wire showed.

I run Toyo Open Country MT's on the F150...balance of look and performance. Ride great, hold air great, work great offroad and road noise is minimal for a mud, def more than an AT tire though. I rotate every 5K miles and they barely show any where after 15K miles. My only concern is snow driving here in winter...didn't get snow last year so haven't been able to test them on street snow conditions...I've heard mixed reviews.

The BGF KM2s are about the same...just different tread and still a great tire....I have only heard good things about them.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I live in the Oregon Cascades and as far as how Toyo Open Country M/Ts preform under snowy conditions, they are outstanding. I have had them on my truck for at lest 15 months. Whether it's rain, snow, ice, or freeway driving these tries are worth the money. They are heavy, 80 pounds each. I know I will be purchasing them again when needed.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanch1504x4
which one is better? last the longest? best gas mileage etc.
BFG AT for the longest lasting mileage wise 50-60k miles easily also you will get better fuel mileage with AT's compared to MT's due to less rolling resistance. The Toyo MT's are a mud tire you can run everyday in town, offroad and on the highway with low noise and still get 40-50k miles out of them. Any of them would be a good choice.

Quick Reply: BFG A/T or M/T vs Toyo Open Country M/T