98 F150 Parking Brake Cable reattachment

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 F150 Parking Brake Cable reattachment

Truck has drum brakes and replaced shoes, hardware and passenger side cable was stuck so I replaced it.

Problem is that now it seems like the cable is too short by about 1-2 inch. Cable goes inside drum on passenger side then to thru equilizer then to the "coupler" that holds the rear cable to the front cable (the one that goes to pedal). I cannot pull the cables together.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS

Old 09-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smhamilt
Truck has drum brakes and replaced shoes, hardware and passenger side cable was stuck so I replaced it.

Problem is that now it seems like the cable is too short by about 1-2 inch. Cable goes inside drum on passenger side then to thru equilizer then to the "coupler" that holds the rear cable to the front cable (the one that goes to pedal). I cannot pull the cables together.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS
what i did was to undo the front cable from the bracket on the frame it then gave me just enough to attach it then its hard but you pull the cable towards front of truck and back into the bracket ... only problem is now my parking brake pedal is way too lose i dont see any adjustments but am going back in to see what else i can find out

Quick Reply: 98 F150 Parking Brake Cable reattachment