RANT-I HATE cleaning my MT classic II wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by savage02
Try using Blue Magic metal polish. Its a blue cream that comes in a blue plastic jar. I use it on the fuel tanks and wheels on my Kenworth big rig and it works great. Its got silicone sealer in it that locks out brake dust and dirt from sticking to the finish. I wash the truck once a week and hit the polished aluminum with dawn dish soap and a terry cloth rag then rinse and they look good as new. And I only have to touch them up with the polish every 6 months or so. Hope this helps.
My Dad has mentioned this to me "he drives a big truck as well cept his is a MACK} I have NO idea where to purchase this stuff can you help please!!!!!

Old 09-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wookie I just got back from auto zone and they have the Blue Magic for $6.59, There ya go!

Old 09-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Wookie:

After so many issues, I just basically gave up on these rims because there was nothing I could do anymore with them. Thank goodness I got rid of them when I bought my new truck last month.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by wookie13
thanks for all the responses!! I know that the thermoquiet pad will solve the brake dust problem-my problem right now is lack of $$ My wedding is in seven weeks from this Sat and I have no cash for the pads plus my truck doesnt need brakes yet Would chrome wheels be easier to keep clean? I seemed like when I had my factory chrome 17" steel wheels they were easier to keep clean.
hey i get a mad discount at one of the auto parts stores by me cause i know the manager i can probably hook you up with a set of those thermo queit pads...i have a set for my truck i think i paid like 50 bucks for them and i think they were like 150 or something like that

Old 09-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by jgger
Wookie I just got back from auto zone and they have the Blue Magic for $6.59, There ya go!
As much as I HATE "auto clowns" I'll have to check this stuff out!! Thanks for the info

Old 09-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by torquet
I had a set of Classic II's clear powder coated. They still look like new. No polishing or waxing. Cost $50 a wheel. It was worth it to me.
could I do somthing like this after getting them cleaned up/polished again?!! Where would I have to go to have somthing like this done!!!!

Old 09-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
As much as I HATE "auto clowns" I'll have to check this stuff out!! Thanks for the info
The good part is they can't screw up something you pick up off the shelf! ha ha!

Old 09-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by jgger
The good part is they can't screw up something you pick up off the shelf! ha ha!
very true

Old 09-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Question...

I have searched , but found no answer.

I am thinking of ordering a set of bare polished aluminum wheels like the DC1s or MTCII and having my painter shoot several coats of clear on them.

Wonder if this would work or is there some reason that these manufacturers dont do this already? price cant be affected by more that $30 per wheel.

Quick Reply: RANT-I HATE cleaning my MT classic II wheels