2000 f150 brake hose

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 f150 brake hose

I have a 2000 F150 with the 5.4 V-8 and only 43,000 miles. I am the original owner and do all the work on it myself. Never had a mechanical problem with the vehicle till ........about 5 months ago my left front caliper was sticking so I went to Autozone and put on a rebuilt one, bled everything, and was good to go. Then, a week ago same thing. Back to Autozone and a free replacement caliper (and free pads too !!). All was good again. Then, coming back from fishing the same wheel started to pull and stick. I cooled it down with water and then just used the emergency brake to get home. (I got pretty good at it). I thought it can't be 3 bad calipers in 5 months. Turns out the rubber brake hose to that wheel was COMPLETELY BLOCKED and I could not blow it out with compressed air (40 PSI). A new brake hose did the trick and I got one for the other side also. Just thought I would post this in an effort to help out someone like me.

Should I also replace the rear 3 hoses? I am a believer in if it ante broke don't fix it, but with brakes it is different.

Quick Reply: 2000 f150 brake hose