Nitto Terra vs BFG A/T's

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 01:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big_Smokey
Im not so sure about this being better offroad. They dont look like they have a lug pattern that would clean out very well, but ive never had them offroad. I know as daily drivers from people i know, get a crap ton of mileage out of there BFG's, but i am also hearing the same out of the TG....they just dont have the rep as the bfg. I own the TG so i can only vouch for them and saying they do everything i need them to do...hunt, fish, dirt grade at work in the rain.....no prob bob! 13k on mine so far and not much wear on em.
They don't clean very well. They cake and turn into slicks fast with snow and mud. They are terrible in clay also.

If you want looks, buy them.

If you want function, look at neither.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by 2009KR
I see that the BFG A/T has great support on this group; however, they are rated only #11 of 23 on tirerack for A/T tires by the many, many customer reviews (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=ORAT). What gives?
Most on tire rack don't buy based on looks like 80% here do. The people (most) tend to buy on function especially when you read the reviews.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:39 PM
The Terra Grapplers are nothing more than a glorified highway tire.

Get the BFG's if you want on and offroad performance. The BFG's are great in snow, but like ALL A/T's, performance decreases greatly in mud. You'll have to keep them spinning very fast in an effort to help clean them out.

In all actuality, If I didn't have the money for BFG's and needed an A/T, I'd go with the Terra Grapplers. They're more aggressive looking than Duelers, Forteras, Wranglers, etc.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:51 PM
The terra grappler rides better, turns better... has more traction on the road... i feel..

i have bfg 35x12.5's on my truck... 2ed set.. before was bfg M/T
the A/T do ride good i just dont like how they ride on turns

Old 09-21-2010, 12:40 AM
And after all this I decided to go with some Cooper Zeon LTZ's ....Can't beat the price.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Talk about going in a different direction...

Old 09-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Former Sponsor
The BFGoodrich tires are the way to go for sure. The tire has been around for ever and has a good track record. Here is a link on the tires and we do have reviews posted from customers who have purchased them.

http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BZ1&...rrain+T%2FA+KO

Thank you,
Derrick

Old 09-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by UCPOPO
And after all this I decided to go with some Cooper Zeon LTZ's ....Can't beat the price.
I have coopers zeon ltz's on my truck now with 23k on them they dont wear very well !! like the old saying says you get what you pay for!! will need tires soon and i'll try bfg' at's

Quick Reply: Nitto Terra vs BFG A/T's