ABS sensor - anybody got a pic?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS sensor - anybody got a pic?

My ABS light comes on after I drive 10 miles. I suspect a bad sensor, or maybe just a dirty one. I'd like to track it down and clean it, but don't know what one looks like. Anybody got a pis? My ride is a 2008 Screw, 2WD,

Thanks,
CW

Old 09-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Have you replaced your rotors?

Old 09-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Blue07STX
Have you replaced your rotors?
No...still running original brake pads and rotors at approx 45,000 miles.

CW

Old 09-28-2010, 03:32 PM
dude ABS censors are nutorious for going out...cost like 50 bucks @ FORD and I believe its one the back side of the differential....right above the drive shaft...but there are more than one...

Old 09-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Guess I'll just go buy one at the parts counter, then look for something similar on the back side of the differentail to remove & replace.

I woulda thought, with such a high failure rate, somebody would have a pic.
I'll post a pic after I R&R mine.

CW

Old 09-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Pull the tires in front, look behind and at the bottom of the rotor splash shield, there will be a small pencil eraser looking sensor facing the back of the rotor. Now, follow the sensor wire along the brake hose thru to the wheel well liner. Disconnect and replace. Don't forget to disconnect the battery and remove the sensor attach bolt on the back side of the splash shield before unclipping from the brake hose or disconnecting at the wheel well liner.

The cheapest I could find a FORD sensor was $130.00. If you can get one for $50.00 at the dealer I would replace them all. They may never be that price again...

Old 09-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Blue07STX
Pull the tires in front, look behind and at the bottom of the rotor splash shield, there will be a small pencil eraser looking sensor facing the back of the rotor. Now, follow the sensor wire along the brake hose thru to the wheel well liner. Disconnect and replace. Don't forget to disconnect the battery and remove the sensor attach bolt on the back side of the splash shield before unclipping from the brake hose or disconnecting at the wheel well liner.

The cheapest I could find a FORD sensor was $130.00. If you can get one for $50.00 at the dealer I would replace them all. They may never be that price again...
true that man, i might of just caught them when they were overstocked or something...

Old 09-30-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm guessing that there are a total of 3, right? One on each front wheel, and one on the diff? Assuming they are interchangeable (probably not), at $150 each, I'm gonna buy just one, and see if I can figure out which one is bad thru process of elimination. Sure hate to have to shell out $450 + tax.

Or...I could always just put a piece of black electrical tape over the ABS light on the dash, LOL!

Old 09-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by CWCobra
I'm guessing that there are a total of 3, right? One on each front wheel, and one on the diff? Assuming they are interchangeable (probably not), at $150 each, I'm gonna buy just one, and see if I can figure out which one is bad thru process of elimination. Sure hate to have to shell out $450 + tax.

Or...I could always just put a piece of black electrical tape over the ABS light on the dash, LOL!
Haha yes you could. See if they will just hook the computer up to the truck real quick and see if they will tell you which one and then go from there. Bu I'm sure they will charge you $90 for that.

Quick Reply: ABS sensor - anybody got a pic?