Squeaky brake PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010 | 11:27 PM
|
Squeaky brake PROBLEM

Two years ago my front brake pads went bad on my 96 f150. When that happened it ate away at my passenger side rotor. We went and got new pads (most expensive, hard ones we could buy) and had my rotor turned...no problem. Well, shortly after that my driver side brakes started squeaking, very badly. Which shortly after, my passenger side front one began squeaking again, although not as badly. A year after having this problem I am taking a diesel tech class and became aware that my rotors had been eaten away again due to the harness of the brake pads. So we decided to get new rotors for the SOB and get it over with.... two days after that we got new front pads also (ceramic semi-hard ones that were only $45 from NAPA) two weeks after we replaced the pads they have began squeaking very badly again...any help or suggestions?

Old 09-29-2010 | 09:57 AM
Usually not having or enough antisieze or whatever you use to coat the backs of the pads do this for me anyways. Anywhere the pad touches something obviously not the friction surface is where I put it. How's the calipers?

Old 09-29-2010 | 11:09 AM
Former Sponsor
It does sound like there is not enough antiseize on them. There is metal on metal contact rubbing somewhere.

Old 09-29-2010 | 08:10 PM
|
We didnt use any brake grease on the back of the pads this time...that may be the problem. Also if they dont squeak, they usually make a constant humming that slows or quickens with the speed of the truck...I believe that the calipers are fine also.

Quick Reply: Squeaky brake PROBLEM