Need help fast please

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help fast please

I just installed a 6in lift on my 1998 f150 ext cab. I ordered 17x9 Fuel hostage wheels with 4.5in BS -12mm offset, but 4wheelparts.com sent me the wrong wheel. Instead i got 5in BS -1mm offset. They won't have the correct back spacing back in for two weeks, but i need these current wheels to work. They are currently barely rubbing the inner lip with the tie rod I am thinking of running 1/2in spacers for just a few weeks until the new set comes in. Will this be a major problem? Please help as these rental car rates are killing me. Or any other way to space out the wheel just a little bit? Thanks in advance.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You may have some vibration issues with the spacers but you should be able to get by for a couple weeks.
I'd be demanding 4 Wheel Parts do something to make up for the inconvenience.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:37 AM
they have been rather unpleasant to deal with. All they "could" come up with was to send out the spacers for free and pay for the mount and balance when the correct wheels came in. I thought a big company like that would be "able" to do more. Thanks for your help wandell

Old 10-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by DDuan
they have been rather unpleasant to deal with. All they "could" come up with was to send out the spacers for free and pay for the mount and balance when the correct wheels came in. I thought a big company like that would be "able" to do more. Thanks for your help wandell
Not the first time we've heard issues like this about these guys. Hope they don't make you wait too long.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by 97XL
Not the first time we've heard issues like this about these guys. Hope they don't make you wait too long.
The earliest is 2nd week in October. This is starting to get really really annoying I could just go with different wheels, but im so set on the fuel hostages lol.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Former Sponsor
Spacers are never a good idea. I guess if they will send them for free and all this is not costing you more $$ in the end, you could get by. I would be very careful and not do to much running a 1/2" spacer. that is a lot. Good luck, I hope it all works out for you.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks Derrick...i was going to order through yall, but i was really set on the hostage wheels. Im not a fan of spacers either, but it will just be to drive a couple miles to work, until i get the correct wheels in from them.

Quick Reply: Need help fast please