Emergancy Brake Help, Please....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emergancy Brake Help, Please....

My driveway is inclined at an angle. Everytime, everycar i've ever parked in there, i have always put the e-brake on so the trucks weight isnt resting on the tranny. For some reason my e-brake is very loose... there is almost no pressure when i push it down and when i lift my foot off of it the truck rolls back like a 1/2 foot. Today the e-brake actually got stuck and I had to push it down and release like 3 or 4 times for it to let go. I would take it to the dealer but im out of warranty and they will rape me on price. If its an easy job to adjust the e-brake i would love to do it my self. Does anyone know how to adjust it or have instructions for it?

The truck is an 06 Lincoln Mark LT 4WD

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Old 10-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I was told on mine is that the entire e-brakes line has to be replaced. It has some adjustment to tighten it but not enough when the e-brakes has been worn out.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If someone did a brake job on it they may have loosened the E-brake to get the rotor off, and not re-adjusted it. If it has been loosened when you apply it the cam is at it's limit and can get stuck.

To adjust it you use a brake spoon like the old drum brakes, that should raise the pedal and aid in its release. If not then you got issues like OG said above.

Quick Reply: Emergancy Brake Help, Please....