Rock chips from aggressive wheel/tire set up?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there would be little to no difference in mpg with 33's with a 2.5" leveling kit and 35's and 4" lift. once you do bigger wheels and tires you will lose mpg's. how much? that depends on how you drive it. With my 4.6 i can see an avg of 12mpg-18mpg, depending on how i drive it.

2wd's need a 2" leveling kit to fit 33x12's.
4wd's need a 2" leveling kit to fit 35'x12's.

You do not need a leveling kit or any type of lift to fit 305/55/20's (33x12.5x20) with a 4wd.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:58 PM
aww man now you have me thinkin about the rancho lift again lol if i were to level, which would be better 22x9.5 -6 or -18? also what size tires would work? the rancho lift is around $1k right now, or i can do a 2.5 level and 3" block for alot less. definitely a tough decision but im really wanting to do something either way.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:18 AM
I think the best look you could do is the 4" lift, the 22's with either negative offset, and 35's. But its gonna be EXPENSIVE.

And if you do a level you dont have to add a rear 3" block. that will make it look like stock with the *** end 3" higher then the front. If you just do a level and no rear blck you will actually sit level, or close to it.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by mkosu04
ya... it won't only throw rocks onto your truck... think about all the other cars that drive around you too...

having your tires stick out that far is illegal in some states due to the danger to other cars and pedestrians.

but some d-bags don't care about other people and leave their wheels stick way out...

ha ha ha like me i love it when jerk offs ride my *** and i ease my way to the shoulder to pick up a few rocks and it slings them right at them...let me just say they back off really quick ha ha ha as for it being illeagle in new jersey you are allowed up to i belieave its 1 inch past the fender anything after that requires fender flares or mud flaps mine stick out about 2 inchs with neither of them

Old 10-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by gcart
I think the best look you could do is the 4" lift, the 22's with either negative offset, and 35's. But its gonna be EXPENSIVE.

And if you do a level you dont have to add a rear 3" block. that will make it look like stock with the *** end 3" higher then the front. If you just do a level and no rear blck you will actually sit level, or close to it.
the 4" seems like a good idea, but its hard for me to go that route since i swore i would not lift my truck after my last truck (03 f250 w/ 6" lift) lol, but still considering it. the reason i included the block is that with the 2.5 level kit, the front sits higher than the rear and ive seen a couple of people add the rear block to even it out. only way i would do the 2.5 is if it was worth the extra lift to fit a more aggressive wheel/tire set up or else i would just do a 2" lift upfront and leave the rear stock.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:22 PM
there would be little to no difference in mpg with 33's with a 2.5" leveling kit and 35's and 4" lift. once you do bigger wheels and tires you will lose mpg's. how much? that depends on how you drive it. With my 4.6 i can see an avg of 12mpg-18mpg, depending on how i drive it.
The weight of the tire and wheel combination have a lot to do with the MPGs. Since most 35s weigh more than 33s, your MPGs will suffer with the bigger tire.

2wd's need a 2" leveling kit to fit 33x12's.
4wd's need a 2" leveling kit to fit 35'x12's.
This is only true if you go with factory width and offset wheels. Wider wheels with less offset will rub using the numbers above.

KR-Texas

Old 10-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by KR-Texas
The weight of the tire and wheel combination have a lot to do with the MPGs. Since most 35s weigh more than 33s, your MPGs will suffer with the bigger tire.

This is only true if you go with factory width and offset wheels. Wider wheels with less offset will rub using the numbers above.

KR-Texas
Correct. completely

I have seen people running negative offsets however, just gotta trim. that doesnt mean you can run a 12" wheel with 0 backspacing lol.

Quick Reply: Rock chips from aggressive wheel/tire set up?