discounttires.com ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
discounttires.com ???

anybody ever purchase from them? if so, how was the experience?

Old 11-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I purchased some Goodyear KM2's for the stang from them. Were the best price I could find and mounted/balanced perfectly. Good service from their stores (never ordered online).

When I had issues getting off a lug nut on the truck though they were $25 more than schucks and had a longer wait time, refused to match price.

I think you're safe if they have the price you want. Reputable company.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now to be clear. I am talking about discounttires.com. Not discount tires direct or any other place. They are based in Anahiem, CA and their phone # is not in service. Best prices I could find on a set of Michelin LTX AT/2, but I'm a lil nervous about pulling the trigger to buy from them. Can't find any rating information online about them either.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't even shop around for tires...I don't pass go, I don't collect $200. I go straight to Discount. They have always, for about 15 years now, been nothing but awesome to me. On my current set of GY Wrangler Kevlars, they even price matched TireRack (taking into consideration mounting and balancing). Maybe I'm an isolated case, but I've never had anyone beat them when considering price and service combined.

What sucks for me now is I need tires for my car and don't have a Discount anywhere even close to me. Now because of this, I'm by all accounts going with TireRack, but that's the only reason...sorry Derrick!

OH yea, I've also never purchased from them on line...just in store.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have bought from them twice online and never had a problem. One of their salesmen actually called to make sure about an order because of the agressive stance I was looking for with my rim selection. Two thumbs up from me.

Last edited by Black Platinum; 11-13-2010 at 06:32 AM. Reason: misspelling