Belle Tire and Toyo MT's

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belle Tire and Toyo MT's

Ok I am looking into buying some 34" Toyo MT's for my UN-LIFTED and UN-LEVELED, completely stock suspension, 2008 stx f150 4x4. I talked to a Belle Tire rep and he said it would be an awful choice for me. His concern was noise. Now, Ive read countless threads about these tires and they all seem to rave about them. I am a mostly pavement driver but I do get out on the dirt about once a week. I would like anyone to comment about their Toyo's or experiences suggesting whether or not they are truly good or bad tires. Thank you.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Toyo MT's and the similar Nitto Trail Grapplers are the two quietest mud tires available. But the average car or truck owner would probably still say they are loud. The dealer you spoke to has probably had to deal with several customers who purchased MT's because the looked cool, only to return in a week or two wanting to swap them for a set of AT's.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by wandell
The Toyo MT's and the similar Nitto Trail Grapplers are the two quietest mud tires available. But the average car or truck owner would probably still say they are loud. The dealer you spoke to has probably had to deal with several customers who purchased MT's because the looked cool, only to return in a week or two wanting to swap them for a set of AT's.
agreed. i havent herd the trail grapplers yet but i know the toyos are about as quiet as a worn down bfg at like mine. great tires. but if you only hit the dirt about once a week might wanna get an a/t.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:49 AM
I have the toyo's and they arent loud at all have a nice humming sound but if you want no sound or little sound stick with a AT tire

Old 01-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Actually, a guy at Discount in the metro Detroit area steered me away from the Toyo's saying they are alot of money for nothing special. He suggested the Nitto Trail's instead if I wanted the "look" but highly recommended the Terra Grappler overall for my case and size wanted. Basically he was saying between the Toyo and Nitto M/T's, the extra money is not justified going to Toyo.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by detroitbuilt
Ok I am looking into buying some 34" Toyo MT's for my UN-LIFTED and UN-LEVELED, completely stock suspension, 2008 stx f150 4x4. I talked to a Belle Tire rep and he said it would be an awful choice for me. His concern was noise. Now, Ive read countless threads about these tires and they all seem to rave about them. I am a mostly pavement driver but I do get out on the dirt about once a week. I would like anyone to comment about their Toyo's or experiences suggesting whether or not they are truly good or bad tires. Thank you.
If you do a lot of highway driving and want a mud tire for mainly look's it's hard to beat the Toyo's. I put 22k miles on mine in a little over a year and they are only about 1/3 worn. They are better in the rain then I expected and do OK in everything except the heavy clay mud we have in South Louisiana. A little noisy on new asphalt but not too bad. They balance out good and so far no flat's with them. Good tires but may be a little overkill for a hundred mile a day commute like I do. Heavy and expensive too!

Old 01-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Also from what I have seen her, 34" will be too big on and unlifted/unleveled truck. Largest is 33".

Trending Topics

Old 01-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by kingfish51
Also from what I have seen her, 34" will be too big on and unlifted/unleveled truck. Largest is 33".
Good point Kingfish, my truck is leveled and they are close in the front.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Alright good information. Are the Nitto Grapplers AS good though? I want the best value for my money (who doesnt) also, I need tires that will handle well in Snow (Michigan). Here are the main categories I am concerned with: safety, handling, noise, and ride. Can anyone expound on these topics? Yea I will probably go a size down, but I might get a 2" leveling kit. Not sure yet. Thanks for all your help. Rich Rodriguez was just fired hahah about time

Old 01-04-2011, 03:34 PM
The Toyo 34" M/Ts are a great tire. I have a set on my truck for the last two years. With a 2 inch leveling kit there was no trimming and no rubbing. I don't think they will fit a stock 4x4.

Quick Reply: Belle Tire and Toyo MT's