STT's from treadepot or Kumho's for DTD??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STT's from treadepot or Kumho's for DTD??

Well I can get them each in the size I need, 315/75r16 and for about $20 difference. Which would you get? I like each tire equally im leaning towards the kumhos because the more aggressive look and the Coopers are listed as outside white lettering and im not sure if the back side is black lettering and if they are directional. Also playing into the equation is which website would you rather deal with?? Thanks guys

Old 02-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Based on looks alone, I would go with the Kuhmo's. I have heard that the Copper's have a limited tread life. I haven't heard much about the Kuhmo's.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:19 AM
I owned STT's about 8 years ago. I really liked the tires but they were as soft as my BFG Mud's. That being said they wore down way to fast, lost balance easily. Really performed great on the snow and ice in my opinion.

I just recently purchased Kumho's for the first time ever. I really like the tire on the road. They are quiet and are wearing perfectly so far. I do believe due to there harder rubber compound that they do not perform as well on the snow and ice as the STT's.
I have never brought them in the mud yet so I can not compare there. If I were to pick between the two I would base my decisions on the mileage you plan to run them on pavement.
If you foresee much highway miles I would go Kumho's!

Old 02-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Looks like im limited to either the coopers or goodyear duratracs... the kumhos went up over night to almost the cost of a mud grappler.. WTF!!

Quick Reply: STT's from treadepot or Kumho's for DTD??