New rearend.....new parking brake cable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New rearend.....new parking brake cable?

Hey guys my 2000 f150 used to have the 8.8 rearend with drum brakes. I upgraded my rearend to a 9.75 with disc brakes. When i did this the parking brake cable from the 8.8 did not work. It really hasnt been a big deal as i just leave my truck it gear, but now my younger brother has been using the truck and i want a parking brake in the truck for safety reasons and as a good measure. the cable comes from the parking brake pedal and runs to about the middle of the frame from there another cable hooks in and then to the rear brakes. my question is what cable to i need to get to hook the parking brake up? im assuming i will be able to get a cable the hooks into the sleeve in the middle of the frame and then to rearend and not a whole new parking assembly? and where can i get this cable, i was thinking i will order it from the local ford stealership unless i can get through a company like advanced auto parts, but im guessing that this is only a ford part, or if you guys to send me in the direction of a good online store to order from i would appreciate it. other then the cable what else will i need to have a full functioning e brake with this rearend? im thinking i will need the new cable and the parking brake shoes and hardware.....anything im missing?

thanks in advanced guys and sorry about the long post i really couldnt figure how to shorten this one up =) MuddyMesS

Old 02-26-2011, 03:21 AM
ttp

Old 02-27-2011, 08:47 AM
check out lmc truck. you may need parts from the light duty f250. their catalog should have a breakdown of the parts.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:22 AM
please need more suggestions

Quick Reply: New rearend.....new parking brake cable?