leveling question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 01:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leveling question...

I am looking at buying a kit for my 04 f150 4x4. I looked up the auto spring kits on ebay and it looks like there are 2 that i could go with. They have one that is 175$ and it says its a 2 in the front and a 1.5 in the back i think. They have another one that is 75 for just the front 2 inch level kit. Which one do I need? The previous owner of the truck put some aftermarket 20 inch rims on the truck and i like them alot I just want to put some bigger thicker tires. what is the biggest tire I could go with now without the leveling kit ad what would be the biggest i could go with if i did get the level kit. any info would be greatly appreciated because as you can probably tell i don't know anything about tires/rims. thanks!

Old 03-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sctrooper
I am looking at buying a kit for my 04 f150 4x4. I looked up the auto spring kits on ebay and it looks like there are 2 that i could go with. They have one that is 175$ and it says its a 2 in the front and a 1.5 in the back i think. They have another one that is 75 for just the front 2 inch level kit. Which one do I need? The previous owner of the truck put some aftermarket 20 inch rims on the truck and i like them alot I just want to put some bigger thicker tires. what is the biggest tire I could go with now without the leveling kit ad what would be the biggest i could go with if i did get the level kit. any info would be greatly appreciated because as you can probably tell i don't know anything about tires/rims. thanks!
Welcome, I'll try to answer your questions. You shouldn't need the kit with the 1.5 lift in the back if you're just putting a 2 inch on the front. It should put you fairly close to level with just a little bit of rake. Maybe a half inch or so. This is what I have on my truck. Without knowing how wide the 20's are on your truck it's hard to say how big of a tire you can fit. If they are close to stock (8 inch rim with about 6 inches of backspace) you can fit a 33 without the level and a 35 with the level. If they are wide wheels or they have less backspace like a 4.5 or so, I'd only go about a 33 or you'll get into rubbing issues. Pics of my truck are in my gallery if you want to see a 33" tire on 20's with a 2" level. Mine have 6" of backspace so I could run 35s if I wanted. Welcome to the site.

Quick Reply: leveling question...