Nitto mud grapplers vs nitto trail grapplers??

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my offroad project:

It is a 78 F150 shortbed with a 460. So far I've lifted it with Deaver front coils and drop brackets and Deaver rear springs. I swapped out the stock 9" for a Strange Racing case with 4.56 gears and a Detroit Locker. I still need to do the front D44. I rebuilt the NP205 recently and re-installed it. I still need to do some engine work, rebuild the front end, and some other items. I will be replacing the 33" tires on it with 35's too. I already gutted the interior and replaced all the carpet with a new carpet kit and a new bench seat as well as a new headliner. It is a long term project that will take me a few years. I bought this truck to replace my previous project, a 1976 Chevy Blazer. I dropped major money into the Blazer but I was just never a Chevy guy.

Here is the Blazer I built. It was the third body off resto that I did having done two previous 74 Blazers. I went all out on this one with one ton running gear, doubler transfer case, triple sticked, roll cage, Line-X'ed interior, custom bumpers, and the list goes on. When it was done it was everything I every wanted in an offroad rig, but it was still a Chevy. I never should have listened to my buddy who was a GM guy and stuck with my 1978 Bronco desires. Had I done everything to a 78 Bronco that I did to the Blazer I never would have sold it.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Those are some good looking rides. i like that f150. looks really good. but then again i'm a project guy so i like to make all older vehicles look good. keep up the good work

Old 03-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Thanks. My boys weren't fond of the Blazer with no A/C or other creature comforts so the Lariat screw fits the bill for mild off roading and snowboarding. But, I am a classic truck guy at heart and like to go where most folks don't so the 78 will take care of that. I'm just amazed the missus hasn't off'ed me in the middle of the night so far...

Quick Reply: Nitto mud grapplers vs nitto trail grapplers??