Brake Pad Clarification??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Don't understand the obsession with ceramics. Darrin put them on his and they ate the rotors. The semi-metallics won't do that and have great stopping power.

Last edited by Bluejay; 04-19-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To my knowledge I was one of the first on the forum to go with the TQ ceramics and have had them on my truck for 2 years or so with no problems. I went with them because I tow a travel trailer and the ceramics where supposed to handle heavy braking/high heat better.

I can't say they really out perform the semi metallics and if I could not get them for my truck I would not hesitate to go with the semi metallic TQ's.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Don't understand the obcession with ceramics. Darrin put them on his and they ate the rotors. The semi-metallics won't do that and have great stopping power.
I ran the ceramics on the front and when they wore out I had to put semis on it and I actually did notice a difference in the braking power. Just me though and I know it prob wasn't a whole lot but its my truck and I noticed it. I was wondering if I could mix ceramics and semis again like I had before??

Originally Posted by ab46501
To my knowledge I was one of the first on the forum to go with the TQ ceramics and have had them on my truck for 2 years or so with no problems. I went with them because I tow a travel trailer and the ceramics where supposed to handle heavy braking/high heat better.

I can't say they really out perform the semi metallics and if I could not get them for my truck I would not hesitate to go with the semi metallic TQ's.
Which is the problem I'm running into

Originally Posted by quackrstackr
Go to a parts store and have them pull both part numbers and compare them. That's the only way that I know to do it.
Great idea wish I had a parts store that carried them by me

Should I mix ceramics in the front and semis on the back?

Old 04-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I made up my mind semis all around it is! Got to find the cheapest place now and hit the order button haha thanks for all the help can't wait to get my rear rotors on as well!

Quick Reply: Brake Pad Clarification??