How long do your aftermarket rotors last?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How long do your aftermarket rotors last?

I have Powerslot Cryo rotors paired up with Hawk LTS pads on my truck and they work great. I was looking over my brakes last week and noticed and the grooves are worn to approximately half the original depth after about 30,000 miles. Is this normal wear? What are you guys getting out of these rotors?

Also, I have the EBC 3GD Slotted and Dimpled rotors and Greenstuff pads on my wife's Edge. She had them on for about 24,000 miles and her slots and dimples are all but worn off and are starting to warp... This is very disappointing!

Old 04-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I have a 4x2 and had to replace the fronts for bearings. I have about 20,000 on one and 83,000 on the other. The rears are OEM with 124,000.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Update

Well, in my last post I stated that my Powerslot Cryo rotors were worn about halfway off. Not true... I checked them out while rotating my tires last night and the inside grooves are completely worn off. All you can see are the lines where the grooves were. The outside grooves still look good.

I was having vibration issues and now I know why. 35,000 miles and I need new rotors. Just for sh*!#s and giggles I emailed Powerslot about their "extremely durable" cryo brake rotors and they feel that my fast wear is due to "road salt". Very surprising to me... Road Salt is only used here a few months a year. My rotors look like new, just thinned out on the inside disc.

Overall, I really liked the performance and appearance of these rotors. I'm just dissapointed that these only lasted as long as they did. I kinda feel ripped off. Especially since they are marketed to last 2 to 3x as long as others.

Well, time to switch back to my smooth surfaced rotors. Two year warranty and one-third the cost.

Anyone else have these wear out quick?

Old 06-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would think the pads would have a lot to do with rotor life, that and your driving style. The pads you have though are not what I would consider harsh. Knock on wood I have 48K on my truck now with original pads and rotors. I have had a set of Wagner TQs sitting in my garage for a year and a half now, but no need to put on until the OEM ones get low.

Quick Reply: How long do your aftermarket rotors last?