Machined wheels strip.. and polish or paint?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Machined wheels strip.. and polish or paint?

Hi All, Noobie to post, But have used everyone's useful infos for repairs and problems for a few years now!! Thanks for all the info. I know this topic has popped up a lot. I am not ready to get rid of my 16" 5 spoke machined Stockers!! The clear on one has gotten so bad to the point that I hit it with a spot blaster till I decide what to do before I throw new tires on it!!

I know how to paint them, but I was wondering if anyone has been successful with "sanding down the Machined grooves and then polishing? I can get them professionally re-cleared, but kinda hoping to set them off with the polished look. Or Black them out..

ONLY dilemma..is that I have the silver 2 tone trim package, but black oem steps.

"POLISHED" or "GO TO THE DARK SIDE"?

Old 04-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Suspended
what size tires are those buba?

Old 04-23-2011, 08:18 PM
jerod they're 265/75 16's which would be like 31.5'sX10X16? I know you have been trying to figure out what to put on yours. My truck is at stock 4WD height, torsions are turned for a level. I saw someone's on here with 33's and cranked up torsions as well. That looked good, I may jump to 32's because I don't want to mess with too much more of gear ratio.

Last edited by Bradscab2Tone; 04-23-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think you'll be able to polish them out to as bright as your hoping for. I would go with painting them black. That rattle can wheel paint is pretty good stuff. I did a set of s-10 wheels with it, did 3 medium coats and after almost a year the seem to still be holding up good on my friends truck. It gave it a flat powder coat type finish but I'm sure a few coats of clear would of made them shine pretty nice.

Quick Reply: Machined wheels strip.. and polish or paint?